Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX on Invoice Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a question .

When we raised a PO in different currency than Company code currency in this case system post Gr in docuemnt currnecy  but if Invoice is in different month then system raised the exchange rate difference which get posted to expenses account .

Below is entry when we do Good receipts

Expense Ac  900 USD       450 GBP

GR   Ac         900 USD      450 GBP

Now system does below entry at the time of Invoice

Vendor A/c  900 USD           460 GBP

GR/IR Services 900 USD       450GBP

Expenses        00  USD      10 GBP

Now we want  post that 10 pound in released gain or loss account that too for specfic GL expeses account .

is it possible .

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System is posting accounting entry as per its design. You can check the same in this OSS note 331910 - MR1M, MIRO: Postings in foreign currency/local currency

Can you explain little more about your requirement. Do you wan to post this difference amount to a different G/L account with same transaction event key or do you want to call some different transaction event key for this difference amount ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dev,

WeI have attached the screen shot of current Entry at the time of Invoice posting . Where you can see Expenese Account 600000  is Credited with 0.00 In docuemnt currency but have difference in Local currnecy .

We want this line to post in separate GL code and should be able to do at comapny ocde level . IS it possible .

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by company code level ? System is picking the G/L account as per your assignment of OBYC transaction and you know that OBYC can't be different with regards to company code (It may can different with regards to chart of account).

If you just want to post this amount to separate G/L account, then check the transaction key (which is triggering for the expenses account)and then check the G/L account in settings OBYC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev ,

I know OBYC is at chart of account level but System is using KBS transaction where we haven't defined any GL code .

So i beleive system is defaulting to expenses account .  Another thing is I am not sure Where as KBS is used before I make any chnages ,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite strange. As per the OSS note 331910, system should pick the transaction key KDM. Even I have checked the scenario in my system, my system is picking the transaction key KDM also :

Can you please trace the process with the help of this blog post

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check and let us know the settings you have maintained at SPRO-MM-Logistic Invoice Verification-Incoming Invoice-configure how exchange rate differences are treated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

I did whatever  docuemnts says but unfortunaltely I cant see any entry related T030 in ST05 .

But sure why system is picking KBS instead of KDM .

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you used any account assignment category say "K" Cost Center in the Import Purchase order? System post the Exchange rate difference to Account assigned GL provided there is any Exchange rate difference between GRN and MIRO. Could you check and confirm this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

its K but I not sure where to check whether its import or not

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that is the case, your accounting entry is correct in MIRO for Exchange rate difference since the PO is account assigned. So, system determined the account assignment used in PO ie: KBS Expense GL.

Regarding PO document type, you can check the PO document in ME23N. But, there is no validation in the system to force the user to select the right PO document type. You can use Domestic PO document type also for Imports. Depending upon the Vendor schema in the Vendor Master record, system populates the pricing procedure into the Purchase order.

You can explain this to FI team or Consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Ashok .

I did not understand what you are tryong to say ...

Can you please expalin from where system is determinng KBS .

We have account modification for K is VBR and it has different account .

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Account assigned purchase say Cost Center K, system uses KBS account key instead of BSX key because goods are consumed immediately after posting the GRN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you .

Can tell where I can see this setting in system ....

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the GL account in PO item details under Account assignment tab.. The same GL account will be posted during GRN with KBS transaction key. The same GL account is triggered in MIRO provided PO line item is account assigned and there is any Exchance rate difference between GR and IR.

For better understanding, you can run one cycle with out account assignment and one cycle with Account assignment in PO with different exchange rate in GR and IR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Preeti,

Talk with FI guys , it can be solved.

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar