cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webgui transaction intergrated in portal hangs after action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have upgraded our BW from 7.01 to 7.4. In the SAP EP were some iViews to WebGUI for HTML transactions. If I call the webgui directly with transaction-Parameter the webgui works, but if it is integrated and called from the portal, the transaction opens but after click a button or do some other actions there is only the progress cycle of the portal but nothing happens.

Has anybody an idea? I don't find anything in Service portal.

Thanks an regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit/all,

In my case the following was done, option 2 was my fix combination of kernel and note 2017287. The kernel jump had over 63 its fixes in the backend.

1. Portal consulant had me implement this note and patch the componentsfor EP_RUNTIME and its dependancies.

2097861 - AI iView's are not render correctly when using Internet Explorer 10 and above

In my case fore the avove note I patched these as they were interdependant

AJAX-RUNTIME 1000.7.40.8.16.20150502041600

EP-ADMIN 1000.7.40.8.7.20141230194800

EP-BASIS 1000.7.40.8.21.20150502153500

EP-BASIS-API 1000.7.40.8.3.20150308231500

EP-RUNTIME 1000.7.40.8.19.20150505230700

FRAMEWORK-EXT 1000.7.40.8.6.20150221121200

WD-RUNTIME 1000.7.40.8.6.20150405180300

2. After a long while go to Development support. They had me implement the below note in my backend system and also my kernal was kernel release 742 64 bit UNICODE patch number 17 which I patched to 117.

2017287 - SAP GUI for HTML: Error message "Frontend Service methods need ITS FrameSet

This combination of this note and kernel patch worked for me.

Kind Regards,

Johan Van Zyl

piamoeck
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

overnight we have patched our kernel like Glenn suggested ( Kernel Release 7.42 to patch 101) and now the problem is solved!

I think this is the easiest solution to the problem

Thanks and good luck

Pia

piamoeck
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey Gerrit,

we're facing the same issue...

Have you already got an answer from SAP?

@Pramod: I've tried your idea with SE80 and publishing the Internet Services - without any changes

Best regards

Pia

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

Please try this and see if it works.

Logon to the backend system and go to SE80 - Select Internet Service - WEBGUI and SYSTEM

Right click on the root and Publish Complete Service.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing this issue and have logged an incident with SAP too. Can you try to update the Kernel to patch 110? This came out like just recently.

After we apply the Kernel... it works... hope this can help for your case.

Regards,

Glenn

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen in my case if I call the webgui service from sicf with test and on the windows access the function for instance in this su01 it funcationality and context menus work and are accessible.

fails:

http://host/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.z.z!2fcom.z.iViews!2fSU01?sap-...

SICF call test service browse to SU01 all functionality correct.

works:

http://host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=000

Means the functionality works for webgui without a hitch but somewhere between the portal iview and browser interface of user a problem is experienced.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I opened a message at SAP. I think the issue occured because there are different browser modes. In my case the portal runs with quirks mode and therefore the webgui although. If you run the webgui without the portal it runs in the normal IE mode for example 9.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to keep in mind if we access the webgui we are actually completely bypassing the  portal and directly access the ICM infrastructure of the Web AS server i.e. Integrated ITS.

I have a suspicion the quirks mode is causing problems for me as well, rendering errors.

But I will investigate when back at the office on monday.

johan

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gerrit,

Please be sure that you are using a most recent kernel 7.42 in your ABAP system.

You should also implement SAP note 2141004, which will update the ITS handler class (it might have several prerequisites, depending on the current SAP_BASIS patch level).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cris

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

I have been having the exact same problem but have not been able to find a way of tracing why.

In my case if you have the webgui for html window open and you click for instance to get a drop down contect menu then it just hangs there.

Let me know if you have any success I am still looking on this side too.

Johan