cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re : #incompatibility error in Webi report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I got #Incompatibility error in webi report block .Actually we are migrating BO 3.1 to 4.1 after migrating in 3.1 data is coming with no errors but in 4.1 for one report its showing #incompatibility error.i tried various Scenarios to get resolved but id doesn't worked out .if any one could give me a Suggestion it will be very helpful to me.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

This is the known issue while doing BO Migration Project. #INCOMPATIBLE occurs when a report block contains incompatible objects.

Step 1: Clear Contents (all the objects) in the block, then drag Available Objects one by one and place it in the block hence you will come to know which objects gives you #Incompatible error in cell.

Step 2: Create a variable.
Step 3: Define the qualification of variable as a detail.
Step 4: Associate it with the merged dimension in the table.
Step 5: Place it in the same block as the dimension where you get #Incompatible Error.

Hope the above information helps to some extent..

--Raji. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

Thanks for your Info even i did the same but almost we are having 20 objects that showing #Incomaptibility .so i need to create 20 variables right it may degrade the report performance?

is there any other alternative

Thanks & Regards,

Varun G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

The WEBI report will show #Incompatible in all cells of the block if we have one incompatiable object in it, so we have to check which is problematic object and based on that create variables. Hope you understood..

Raji. S

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

For debug the issue please share the below points:

(a) Web Intelligence report based on multiple source/queries?

(b) If it was build on universe Incompatible objects status is checked or not?

(b) Share the screen shot of current issue.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daya,

Actually we migrated  from bo to 3.1 to 4.1 in 3.1 its working finr in 4.1 it was showing incompatibility in the report

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the universe once.

I mean check integrity of universe.

Check for all the objects/loops/joins.

If there is any error then that would be the reason for #incompatible error in your 4.1

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

When using multiple data providers in a single report, synchronization among the dps are achieved using merged dimensions( common dimension). Synchronization behaves in a such a way that, A table block cannot contain unmerged dimensions from multiple data providers in the same table block  whereas A table block can contain unmerged dimensions or measure objects from the same query in the same table block.

Inorder to use the objects that are incompatible, we change the qualificatoin of the object to detail and use it in the report block.

Please take a look at the KBA:

1203620 - Why do we get #DATASYNC error in cells (OR) Cannot Drop here. Incompatible Object' error using Merged Dimensions.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1203620

Hope this will help!!!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting synchronized query? can you explain the scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

synchrinized query means i didnt get u??