Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner creation : Customers having old number range

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the below situation, can anyone please suggest how to create the business partners for our old customers.

We have some old customers that were created with account group “ZEST” and with number range “1000 to 9999”.   However, few years back the number range for “ZEST” was changed to “700000 to 799999”.  The account group "ZEST" has number range "700000 to 799999".

We wanted to bring the “ZEST” customers into FSCM Collections Management. So, I have created the new BP grouping “ZEST” in “V_TB001” and added new BP number range “700000 to 799999” and subsequently created Business partners for all customers within the range “700000 to 799999”.

Now, we have the requirement to create business partners for the old customers that already exist in the system within the number range “1000 to 9999”

Can anyone please suggest how can we create business partners for these old customers, since their number range is different from the current number range that we have in the system.

Thank you,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229069
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

While uploading the customers, the system will provide a new customers number which you have changed, but you can also maintain the old customer number filed in the table for your reference.

Regards,

Chetan

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the response.

I am not trying to create new customers with old series, I am only trying to create business partners for existing customers which have old number series. Any idea how to do this?

Thank you,

Krishna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Create new master record for the old customers, by maintaining old customer no in the reference while creating a master record in XD01/FD01. After create it, you can maintain old customer no. in the Prev.account no. field in the account management data in the co.code area of the customer.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for the response. I was looking to check if there is any possibility, without having to create new customers.

Thank you,

Krishna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Your requirement is not clear. Earlier you said you want to create customers for the old customers, for that I have explained above. But now you do not want to create customers. So clearly explain us.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Since you have changed the no.ranges for the account group ZEST, so when you create customer master system will take the no.from existing no.series not old no.series.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member189681
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thank you for the response.

We don't have issue while creating the customers, it takes from the new series and also the business partner gets created for these new customers.

My issue is with old customers having old number series, I am not sure how to create business partners for those customers.

Thank you,

Krishna