cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing WWI report generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear EHS experts,

I am seeking your advice for production issue we are facing very often.

We have to perform mass generation of SDS document for a business go live.

During this time we want to have day-to-day SDS generation to go ahead as well.

When I perform mass SDS generations, WWI dispatcher assign generation to all the WWI server and it holds up the regular users generating SDS document.

My question is, can we have generation of SDS document using a selective set of WWI services and regular users using a different set of WWI services?

Please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

answer to your questions: partially you can do something; the issue is: you can not differentiate easily if you would like to do "mass" generation and an user would like to generate. (you would like to generate SDS and user would like to generate SDS; in this case only your userid is the "difference", and this is not a "good" reason to start programming (but you can do so)).

Check WWI Customizing part. There is an option you can try to use; based on some criteria you can "assign" exclusively WWI Server 1, 2,3, 4 .. to "action X", and WWI Server 5, , 7, 8, to action "y" (this is only an example). Action X can be: you assign some WWI servers to generate exclusively SDS documents. This is a nice feature in EHS and you can extend this option "easily"  to "optimize"  your WWI set up.

The approach depends on future action.That means: you could do the mass generation on weekend, and user would generate within the week; so no issue in WWI performance; if you can use this option, it is not worth to look for programming; but if you have the feeling that you need some "general" WWI disdpacth setup you should use the programming option.

Check e.g.

Ehs wwi cookbook_en

Page: 46 for details (please: always check current versionof this document on SAP marketplace)

C.B.

PS: decision dependse.g. onnumber of documents to generate. Depending on size of documents (more specific: number of data to be retrieed from database) etc. per document WWI server needs roughly 2 min. Therefore: 30 documents per WWI server can be generated in one hour. But the specifci number dependsa on SAP sizing, sizing of WWI server parc and data to be retrieved.

There is an OSS available on SAP marketplace giving guidance about "sizing" of WWI servers; You should check this OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended having customized programs that will trigger specific jobs based on report type. It worked well.