Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Retraction to simple Finance (sFin)

former_member544285
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirements to retract planning data back to SAP R/3 Running on HANA. To be more specific, it's simple finance or sFin. I have little knowledge about sFin as it is considerably new.

The requirement to retract is usually tackled by calling standard Process Chain /CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_BADI (BPC: Export Transaction Data to BADI Retractor). The process chain will call a badi implementation which called standard BAPI / RFC from SAP R3 and pass the value onto the function. For PCA retraction on new GL, we usually use BAPI_FAGL_PLANNING_POST.

However, in my case, calling the function (in SAP R3, I open tcode SE37 and test function) will throw an error: Function not available (Message No. SFIN_FI004):

Can someone advise on how should retraction from BPC to sFin work? can I use BAPI_FAGL_PLANNING_POST to post planning value to sFin?

Regards,

Hendry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendry,

BAPI_FAGL_PLANNING_POST won't work for sFin, because sFin uses totally different HANA oriented views/tables. while the BAPI is used for purely PCA GL retraction. sFIN replaces the standard set of tables with it's own funtions and tables.

There is no standard way of retracting data from BPC to sFIN.

I would try approach of posting values directly from BPC to HANA staging tables (created for that purposes) and then creating the necessary flows within HANA itself. But it would be a really complex development.

former_member544285
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim,

It's bad news for me, but at least you clarified it. Do you happen to know any standard function I can use to insert the value into HANA staging tables (especially PCA)? I would like to avoid having to insert directly into HANA table with custom solution as it would increase the risk of my solution.

BR.

Hendry

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

If your BPC was on HANA I would suggest creating a staging DSO and then accessing it directly on SAP HANA layer.

I'm not aware (don't know) any function to post data to SAP HANA in a controlled way on SAP ECC side. On SAP BW we would go for DSO and then build analytic/calc views to grab data from there via procedures.

Point being - as soon as the data on HANA level you are free to transform is as you wish.

The obvious problem like in old systems - you wouldn't just append data directly to GPLCA/GPLCT tables, because it could potentially lead to data inconsistencies and you can't control deltas, etc.

former_member544285
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I opened a support ticket for this on SAP Support. It is now on SAP development team.

We have no experience on pushing data directly on HANA layer - which is why we would avoid that approach.

I will update this discussion once I got news from SAP

Best Regards,

Hendry

former_member544285
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We received reply from SAP showing the new way to load data to sFin. Basically, because sFin is based on BW, the data load will be based on BW means of loading data:

1. Create a custom table to contain the data to be loaded to sFin

2. Create a generic data source (tcode RSO2) from the table

3. Load data source from tcode RSA1, and load the data accordingly to the destination sFin infocube. In my case, the infocube is /ERP/SFIN_R01 because I'm loading financial planning data

Hope this help someone in the future

Regards,

Hendry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the similar problem, but in Tcode FF7A (cash Position)

I am Implementing the Simple Finance and  I'm having trouble with the T-code FF7A (cash position),

When I Execute the Tcode FF7A the system show me the message "Function is not available

Message No. SFIN_FI004 "

Diagnosis

You are trying to use the function que is not available in SAP Simple Finance, on-premise edition.

Could you help me telling what the new T-code or application to replace the old T-code FF7A in Simple Finance?

Best Regards,

Adnan

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But how it's related to BPC???