Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy node aggregation gets ignored in EPM template or report

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When selecting a hierarchy node in the Member Selector with settings 'dynamic' and 'Member & Descendants', the aggregation of values on that particular hierarchy node gets ignored, and hence, applying the setting 'remove empty rows', the selected hierarchy node won't get displayed in the input template (or report).

So I guess the key question is:

Why is the aggregation of subordinary values on the selected Hierarchy Node being ignored, even though been selected as "Member & Descendants"?

Did anyone come accross this issue?

Thanks in advance for your valueable input!

Cheers
Claus

P.S. We're running EPM Version 10.0, SP 20, Patch 1, .NET4, Build 9042

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

OK - here ars some screenshots, documenting this issue:

1. Member Selector picking hierarchy Node ICTO-13318 as dynamic and Member and Descendants

2. Sheet Options...

3. ...and that's the initial Input Template with data been sent to the db:

4. However, the aggrgation on node ICTO-13318 gets ignored (ref above). Even after Refresh:

5. Whereas, when selecting the node one level up (here: APPLICATION_WITH_PLAN)...

6. ...the aggregated value on node ICTO-13318 gets calculated and displayed.

(whilst this time missing the aggregated value on level APPLICATION_WITH_PLAN, of course.)

Thanks again, guys...

P.S. Idea... Could be an MS Excel related issue, i.e. the way, Excel calculates it's values and in which steps...?????

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

First try basic troubleshooting like - clearing meta data cache, temp files,  process dimension, run UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE.

Just for my understanding - In your 3rd screenshot, in EPM context has parent level member , Are you able to save the data ?

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide your CORE BPC SP level and version! BW also!

Vadim

P.S. Looks like it's an SP issue...

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

yep, as you can notice, data was only entered against Basis Members.

(btw (although not relevant here) we introduced BM_ Basis Member, referencing to the Hierarchy node in order to enable the user to enter and save data against Hierarchy Nodes as well. The WRITE_BACK BADI then takes control and writes the data against the BM_ Member.)

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Cheers

Claus

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, upgrade to the latest (SAP_BW and CPMBPC)! And the issue will be solved.

Vadim

Latest:

SAPK-80109INCPMBPC - SP09 BPC

SAPKW73115 - SP15 BW

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

99%

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks mate!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim/Claus,

We have a similar issue. We are on BPC 10.0 SP15 .NET4 Build 8508. Can you please tell me how do I check for Core BPC and BW SP level and version and what does this mean.

Also, the data which was loaded for last year is aggregating correctly even now. But from 2015 data is not aggregating. Am I missing something. All property values are maintained correctly.

Regards,

Sowmya

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

How:

What does this mean - strange question - SP's of the server components...

Vadim

P.S. You are NOT on BPC 10.0 SP15 .NET4 Build 8508.

You are on BPC 10 unknown SP and you are using EPM Excel add in  SP15 .NET4 Build 8508.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Vadim.I understandSP is one of the server componenets. I got confused with the EPM add-in SP and and SP of the server( Core)

Now, the data that was loaded for last year aggregates even now to the Parent Quarter and Parent Year. If I am seeing this issue for 2015, does this mean I am missing something.

The Time dimension property values are maintained properly.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but "Now, the data that was loaded for last year aggregates even now to the Parent Quarter and Parent Year." - not clear!

On some SP levels the issue with parent aggregation happens...

Please, open a new discussion with clear explanation and SP info.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. Will do. Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Please confirm "the aggregation of values on that particular hierarchy node gets ignored" with screenshots!

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

Can you share the screenshot of report with keep all option?

Shrikant

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

please ref my screenshots, added today...

Cheers

Claus

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a quick try-out. Go to sheet options and tick the "Calculate parent" option:

former_member201314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim - I am aware of this option. However, not applicable due to other constraints.

Cheers

Claus