cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of jobs to Job families

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand about Job families and Jobs.I have gone through many links in google. It is understood that if Qualifications are assigned to Job Families,they are inherited by Jobs and then by positions to.

My query is a Job can have many positions. But what if the Qualifications of two positions are not same.For example:

Job familyJobPosition
SL ManagerCH SL MNGRManager
SL MNGRManager
SL Ass ManagerCH SL MNGRAssistant manager
SL MNGRAssistant manager

Now the Qualifications are inherited till positions. Can anyone tell me if the assignment done in the above way are correct.Can same Job be assigned to different  Job family.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the Configuration in the System.System doesnot allow to assign the same job to two different job families.

But suppose if a Manager job has two Positions that are Manager and Assistant Manager,how can 2 positions Inherit the same qualifications.Both shud have different.

Thanks

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Config is not used for this purpose of different roles/responsibilities/tasks, which are part of the specific position.  Position inherits the attributes of the job it is assigned with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to last point you mentioned.If MANAGER is a Job which has ASSISTANT MANAGER and GENERAL MANAGER as positions.If qualifications are inherited from jobs to positions how can Asst Manager and General manager have same Qualifications.This is my query.

Thank you

Stephen_B
Participant
0 Kudos

You ONLY assign Quali Requirements at the Job level if it is applicable to ALL Positions under that Job.

So to answer your question "how can Asst Manager and General manager have same Qualifications". This is very possible. For example all Managers (regardless if they're full Mgr or Asst Manager requires at least Leadership qualification level 1, then you assign it at Job level.

If Manager pos requires English Lvl 2 and Asst Mgr requires English lvl 1, then you assign these Quali requirements at position level.

Cheers

Stephen