cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Server Name and Port Number for connecting SAP PA 2.0 and Hana Trial Instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN Community,

I am trying to connect my Trial Version of HANA Developers Account with Predictive Analytics 2.0. Basically, I would like to build a POC and see how it works.

The Expert Analytics User Guide mentions that "You must know your SAP HANA Server Name, Port Number, User Name and Password" (see pic below).  My question is, where can I find this Information in my HANA Cockpit?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Regards,

Suryansh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suryansh,

Thanks for your question.

You can find the SAP HANA servername or IP address and port number as shown in the screenshot below. Just open your SAP HANA Studio and move your mouse over the relevant HANA Server.

Best regards,

Kurt Holst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kurt,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Now when i move my mouse on top of the system, the following message is displayed "System State Cannot be Determined" (pic below). Could you please help?

Thanks a lot!

mikeneko1977
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

Excuse me. I'm so sorry to post it here.

But I can't sent direct message to you.

I don't know how to give you my email to get the file for training model in

R CNR Tree algorithm.

Plese help me if you see this. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mike Wu

former_member184912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you contact your HANA administrator to get the IP address and port number.

BR, Kurt

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suryansh,
I think you are working with a trial account in the HANA Cloud Platform?

If so, then you need to open a tunnel to connect your local SAP Predictive Analytics to the HCP. It's not too complicated and described in this video
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62450
When the tunnel opens up, you will see your logon credentials.

When I tried this with SAP PA a few weeks ago, the trial account did not have the rights to execute PAL algorithms within HANA though.

Greetings
Andreas

Answers (0)