cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component SP level from XML differs from SP level in source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm installing Simple Finance (SAP SFINANCIALS 1.0 add-on) on my ERP system with HANA database.  I created a stack xml file using MOPZ on SolMan.  I am now running SUM to perform the install and I am getting the following error:

ERROR: The stack XML file "/usr/sap/trans/SFIN/SMSDXML_ERP_20150325164058.106.xml" does not fit the current system:

Component UIEAAP01 release 100 SP level 0002 from XML differs from 0003 in source system!

Component UIX01EAP release 100 SP level 0002 from XML differs from 0003 in source system!

Component UIX01HCM release 100 SP level 0002 from XML differs from 0003 in source system!

I did some checks and found that the version of these 3 components is 0002 in all these places:

- In LMDB on SolMan

- In SLD of the same SolMan

- In SPAM of the managed system

- In System -> Status of the managed system

- In table E070A of the managed system

So I was wondering where SUM gets the information that these components have version 0003 in the source system?  Then, eventually, I found that in the managed system, in table CVERS, the components have version 0003:

COMPONENT RELEASE    EXTRELEASE COMP_TYPE DESC_TEXT

UIEAAP01  100        0003       H         UI for ERP Central Applications

UIX01EAP  100        0003       H         UI for ERP Central Applications

UIX01HCM  100        0003       H         UI for HCM Application

So, I guess SUM gets its information from this table.

Any idea how to fix this?  Can I just change the entries in this table from 0003 to 0002?

Thanks,

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status update.

I ended up modifying the entries in the CVERS table and resetting SUM (see note 158358) and it worked afterwards.  But don't see this as a solution!  SAP does not support this.  Contact SAP to have a look at this problem.  I only did this because this was a temp system only used for testing.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Where you able to find a Supported SAP solution? we are currently having the same issue trying to execute SPS upgrade.

thanks for the info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

No, I don't have an SAP supported solution.  I closed the ticket before it got response.  You should contact SAP if you have the same problem.  In my case, I was able to experiment because it was just an unused test system.

Regards,

David.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David & All,

The same kind of errors we got in latest EHP7 Upgrade for sub-components of EA_HR and SAP_HR in the Upgrade.

Cause of this kind of issue:
- This is due to generated STACK file only. Please do not touch CVERS table at any cost.

- There is bug in the functionality of MOPZ and MP (SAP Maintenance Planner) which is adding unnecessary detail of sub-components in STACK file.

- SAP has not provided any SAP Note, SAP Support Package to correct this behaviour of MOPZ/MP. Still they are working on it to find the permanent fix.

Solution:
- Take safe backup of your Final stack file generated using MOPZ/MP.

- Identify the entries in stack copy file for the reported software components in section <initial-state>

- Remove everything within entries including <software-component-entry> ...</software-component-entry> for the non-required sub components identified in section <initial-state> in stack file

- Be careful while doing changes in Stackfile. You can use any friendly XML edition as per your choice. Save your changes.

- If you are not able to adjust STACK file as per the above instruction, you can raise SAP OSS Message under component BC-UPG-TLS-TLA to get more assistance.

--

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mirra_yin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello David

as you also know that table CVERS usually should NOT be modified manually.

This table records the status of each Software Components in System. It's really wierd for such version inconsistency. I can't think of any other possibility how and why system would write a different version into CVERS. Is it possible there was some abandoned upgrade to the SP3 before?

Best Regards

Mirra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Has this issue been resolved?

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

its an problem with SUM Tool , can u please try with new SUM Tool

Download new SAR File and Extract run from there.

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

New SUM tool ended with same problem.

Regards,

David.

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As per my analysis , stack file generation for lower patch level is incorrect

Please resynchronize the system in LMDB (Manage system data is not up to date)

check the LMDB jobs are running correctly or not

Thanks,

Rahul Yedapally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the stack file is incorrect.  The problem is that the level in the source system is 0002 but SUM thinks it's 0003.  I assume because the CVERS table has wrong entries.  See screenshots below.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mmm.  As I suspected, SUM reads the source system SP level from table CVERS indeed:

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello David,

please refer to note #1915161 for checks from SolMan side.

Also what is the SP and patch level of SUM tool you're using?

Regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUM version is SUM10SP12_10.  I also created a message to SAP but didn't get a reply yet...