Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete or remove a Solution - possible?

DanM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a CSL deployed to a customer tenant that I believe is causing problems and errors.

How can I remove it?

I logged into their tenant in Cloud Applications Studio and deleted the solution which seemed to succeed but the errors are still there.

Is there any way in the tenant to see what bespoke solutions are active in it and delete them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If that solution still available into your cloud studio than try this may be this will help you

1) .Open that solution and go to Administration --> Implementation Manager option.

2) Now under the current version "Solution Enablement for Business User in Cloud Solution"  click on "Disable" button to disable from cloud for customer.

After try and check any error occur i don't know is it working or not.

Regards,

Mithun

DanM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that already and it says the solution "cannot be enabled in the front end application" - this shows as an error.

I'm not sure why the error is cannot be enabled as opposed to disabled but I can only assume that's a typing error by whoever made the message.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I wonder how you are able to remove the solution.

This is normally only possible in the dev tenant, but you mentioned you already deployed it somewhere.

To remove a solution from a test or prod tenant you need to raise an incident.

In dev tenant just right click on the solution in "My Solution" and choose "Delete Solution".

HTH,

Horst

DanM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I logged into the production tenant with Cloud Applications Studio, selected the solution and clicked "Delete". This appeared to work and the solution disappeared.

However, I'm not convinced it's actually removed it from the tenant. In fact the errors are still showing on the tenant so I think it's still there.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Hmm, for me only the "PreProduction" shows the "Delete" entry enabled.

Whatsoever, You're right the solution is not removed in total.

Furthermore, the steps now needed can only be done from the backend.

So, sorry to say, but you need to raise an incident.

Sorry,

Horst

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You can delete it from cloud application studio and but seems there might be some left over objects in the backend which needs to corrected manually from backend. Please raise a ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel

if the CSL is proving troublesome remove it from Project Scope in Business Configuration via the ByDesign UI. I think once it is selected in BC you cannot delete the solution without first deselecting it from project Scope.

John Meadows