cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM duplicates stock on IM-level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have a customer that has QM, MM en WM in place.

Whenever they post GR and subsequent delivery is created the system creates the inspection lot.

However, this causes a double stock as on IM-level we then have the full amount on QI (good) and the full amount on unrestricted (not good).

If we check the WM levels, we see that we only have the full amount once and this on QI (good).

We have already tried manually changing the batches' status, implementing note 48815 but none of this solved our problem.

Does anyone have tips/hints/solutions for this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the result from the report ZQEVAC20?

Did it find inconsistencies and could not adjust them, or did it not even find any?

Why do you think that changing the batch status has influence to the total quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It did not even find inconsistencies.

We checked the batch status and saw that it was unrestricted, while the QM should put it to restricted (if I'm correct, I'm not that familiar with QM).

We tried changing the status to see if there were any results but it had no effect.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide some screenshots as evidence that the stock was really duplicated

That WM has just a part of the IM quantity  is not really an issue, that can be the desired result of a design.

What movement created this duplication?

Can you add a screenshot from MB51, and from the PO history or any other that made you think that it is a duplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

First of all thanks a lot for your quick answers.

After a further analysis I found out that part of their issue was in fact standard SAP...

It seems that on IM-level (MMBE) SAP puts the quantity of stock on both unrestricted and quality inspection. However, if we go into detail, we can see that there only is quality inspection. Why is this? (see screenshot)

For the other part, the UD for the inspection lot was forced and uncomplete so they cancelled the UD and created a new one manually, however, after approval, the HU's did not automatically post to unrestricted stock. Is this normal behavior or should I look into something in particular?

At the moment I let them post that stock manually via HUMO-transaction.

KR,

Jan

JL23
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks a lot for the notes!

We will implement the first one and wait for the results.

For the other note, it seems that we have exactly that but since it is the first time we experience this we will wait a bit to see if it is really a recurring problem.

UD is done, MCHB says we have unrestricted stock but MARD and WM-stock is still mentioning the QI-stock, meaning MCHB is wrongly updated.

Kr,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk Jürgen, we implemented the second note together with note 1930161 and after first tests the problem seems solved!

Answers (0)