cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MTO scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP experts,

I am studying a MTO scenario (strategy 20) where there are sales orders for different customers, for example, three sales order with 200, 500 and 800 pieces with the same delivery date.

After MRP and planned order conversion, there will be three production orders with the same quantities. However, I have a work center where is needed to make only one setup to produce the three production orders.

I would like to group these three production orders in single order, but I think it is not possible when using strategy 20 due to customers stocks.

If I confirm setup time for all orders, the costs will be higher than the actual.

I think that a possible alternative is confirm setup time (changing standard value for setup time) only for the first order and not for others, but I am not sure that it is the best solution.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos

You are correct, it is not possible to combine those production orders, as they are linked to different sales orders.

I think that you will have to adjust the setup time manually during the order confirmation to avoid the extra costings on the orders.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thank you for your help.

I agree with you and also do not see another alternative.

Regards,

Marcos

Answers (0)