cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Category Default Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

With BusinessObjects 4.1 SP3 and SP4, while creating a new Enterprise user, user personal folder and personal category are getting created.

In BusinessObjects 3.1 after initial creation of the user, personal category (and folder) will get newly user assigned with Full Control access level to them. This is not seem to be happening in 4.1. Newly created user is not getting assigned at all to the personal category.

I have compared security rights on Personal Categories (at root) for both Administrator and Everyone and all settings seem to match 3.1 settings.

Any ideas on where I should be looking next? Thanks.

Adnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i think thats the default behaviour

Lets try this. You need to grant access to the user .

1. Login to CMC as admin, goto folders - top level folders security - ok - add principles - add created user or group - grant view access (uncheck both the inheritence options) - click ok  - ok

2. Similarly do the same for personal categories and Personal folders

Thanks

Srikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikar.

I am going to confirm with SAP regarding change in default behavior from 3.1 to 4.1 for user creation. In the meantime, if anyone else can comment that would be helpful to get a confirmation from multiple parties.

Although setting permissions for categories is a straight forward, the issue at hand is that it is in an additional step that when a large team managing user accounts can easily forget after creating a new user.

Regards,

Adnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For new we have decided to grant Everyone (User Group) on Personal Categories top level security to have two additional rights.

1. Edit objects that the user owns
  2. View objects the user owns

This has resolved the issue at hand for us.