Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.x for iOS. Change Theme / Look and Feel

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer doesn't like the blue texts and icons with the white background coming with the standard Work Manager 6.2 for iPad.

Is there a way to change the theme in a fast way?

In Android the application looks totally different with black bars and yellow texts. So my idea has been to show Android look and feel in the iPad. To do so I tried to edit the following files in the development server: ImagePrecedence.ini, ScreenSets.ini and StylePrecedence.ini. In the iPad section I swapped Android_XLarge for iPad. Giving the Android_XLarge a 1 and moving it to the first position, and doing the opposite to the iPad giving it a 3.

But after estarting the server, reseting and "killing" the client app and synchronizing again, I still see the standard iPad theme and icons instead of the icons for Android for example.

Am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Hi.

1. The ImagePrecedence/StylePrecedence.ini will utilized the order as dictated by your numbered order. You mentioned you shifted the position of the order. What also needs to exist is the actual platform in the editor for your screens.

Normally when you sync the Agentry server will determine from the type of device that it is trying to connect then it will try to look at the definition published on the server if you meet that device type then it will choose from your ordered values if it has the correct platform on which one to use next. Verify if your application has Android_XLarge platform in the actual editor application.

2. The Blue text and icons is OS base so that is Apple stuff.

In essence when you read most of that SAP note you will see that the actual OS is the one that Agentry is trying to use. Some customers do not like this Apple feature. We have ongoing issues that customer complains about the colors for our iPAD apps or Agentry iOS clients but our internal iOS development team tries to mimic more of what the standard iOS themes are for your iOS devices as this is what is the standard Apple OS colors.

3. Worst comes to worst you have to create style rules in the Agentry editor for each one. This is if you want to control the style yourself. But item 2 above on standard buttons or background may still hold true for iOS specific colors tied to the OS colors. Most of the newer Agentry iOS client was designed with iOS 7 in mind prior to the iOS 8 that just came out. So the best comparison is to look at iOS 6 where most people seem to like this color scheme more than iOS 7.

Research online iOS 6 versus 7 colors.

Example:

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for such a complete answer.

The only part I don't totally understand is the images. For instance in the Agentry project we have the "Action" image for iPad and for Android_XLarge and they are different. If I set the Android_XLarge to have priority for the iPad platform in the ImagePrecedence file, why I still see the icon for iPad?

Anyway my main question has been answered, thanks for that.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Marçal,

Hi. I have not played with the ImagePrecedence.ini file. Not sure if you are doing branding and this is why you are seeing the other images (as they are hard coded). Our UI team handles most of our images and icons. Hopefully they can share information about the ImagePrecedence.ini or if you want to start a new thread hopefully the UI folks can see it or we can ask people who work in the UI part to share their experience.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Marcal,

What you did is correct in order to get the Agentry server to prefer Android styles, images and screens (if they exist in the Editor) over iPad.  However, since for most of the Agentry definitions they do not actually contain Andorid definitions (i.e.screens) as you indicated nothing changed.  I would have expected the images to change if they are different in the Editor.

Primarily what you seeing is the default styling of the iOS versus the Android clients.  You can certainly go in and make changes but I don't believe there is a quick magic setting to switch the "theme"

--Bill