cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get all users connected to a planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any way to get all the users that are connected to a planning area?

Right now in our development we are using FM LCA_LCK_LIST_ALL to get all the users that are locking some data in a planning area. Unforttunately, if a user is in a planning book, in view mode, as long as do not lock any data, is not in the FM result table.

On the other hand, I cannot find a way to see all the users that are in a planning book, wich, it would make the trick too.

Best regards

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

can you try

FM  BAPI_USER_LOCK then the User will be locked Globally in the Server, you can also try to use SUSR_BAPI_USER_LOCK, then you have an option to lock it Globally or Locally.

You can delete the users which you don´t want to lock like system admin, background users and rest all of the users. You can log off all the users first which are logging then lock all the users.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank you for your response, but I do not want to block the user, what I need to know is which users are connected to a planning area

Thanks

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

You can use the report /SAPAPO/TS_LC_DISPLAY_LOCKS to find the users and

planning area which is locked.This report is available from note 1265235.

Once you identity locked users then terminate their sessions and lock planning area using function module /SAPAPO/TS_LC_LOCK.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

SM04 gives you list of users logged in to the system and when you select individual users logged into the system.

user type has to be GUI - meaning a user logged through the SAP GUI and look under transaction column for /sapapo/sdp94 or /sapapo/snp94 to see if the user is in planning book.

Select the row and Click sessions in the menu. This would show you the number of sessions the users are logged in, either read only or edit.

As opposed to your FM LCA_LCK_LIST_ALL, this transaction shows users logged in to planning book at the point of time you are looking but does not tell you if they are in edit or display.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for...but throwing that at you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank you for your answer. I have already thought of using the FM that is used in TR SM04. The problem I find in this approach, is that I cannot infer that all the users connected to TR /SAPAPO/SDP94 are connected to DP, as long as we also are using SNP.

I have tried to find how many sim sessions are created and which user is the owner without success, I think this is the only approach I may follow.

Thank you for your kind cooperation

best regards

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pablo

With report /SAPAPO/TS_LC_DISPLAY_LOCKS you can get all the users connected to respective planning areas too correct? If you exclude the users which are connected to SNP planning area or only include the users which are locked to DP planning area then you should able to lock them correctly,

I hope with this approach you are able to differentiate it. At least we are following similar approach in our area and it works.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amold,

This report only shows users that are locking data in planning area (it actually uses FM LCA_LCK_LIST_ALL to retrieve the values). If a user is  displaying data without locking it, nothing comes up.

best regards

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

You

can use the report /SAPAPO/TS_LC_DISPLAY_LOCKS to find the users and

planing area which is locked.This report is available from note

1265235. Once you identity locked users then terminate their sessions and

lock  respective planning area using function module /SAPAPO/TS_LC_LOCK.

Then if the users are in display mode they will not able to edit the data.

Thanks

Amol