cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi report showing different results for the same user in distinct computers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following issue when running a Webi report.

A user from Europe (Belgium regional settings) when running a report, a specific column is showing as zero value (all values in the column), however when she logs in my computer (US regional settings) and run the same reports, all the values are shown.

I tried to reproduce the problem in my computer, following these steps:

1. Configured my computer (Control Panel/ Region and Language) with the same settings as hers.

2. Copied her user from profile (BW side) to a test user

Running in my computer, values are shown correctly.

Any clue? Has anybody faced similar issue?

Thanks,

Joel

PS: Title of this discussion seems to be 'not self explanatory' - Tests were done with the same user in different computers using the same report parameters (selection).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product Locale first tries to pick up the settings present in the user profile first. Please check what is the product locale settings for user in the launchpad and try to reproduce the issue with the same settings as your profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it didn't work. Reports works fine in my computer even using the user's product locale settings. Thanks for the help..  Any other suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what happens when you log in to user machine using your user id?

Do you still see the same issue? This way we can rule out if the issue is due to the machine specific.

Also check what is the browser version user is using, what are you using? Try it in CHROME, sometimes IE behaves crazy due to some missing or outdated windows updates.

JFYI: just to save your time, make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. Use the same report as user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavanam,

I'm concluding the issue is due to machine specific as you said. Answering your questions:

what happens when you log in to user machine using your user id?   Do you still see the same issue?

yes I do.

Also check what is the browser version user is using, what are you using? Try it in CHROME, sometimes IE behaves crazy due to some missing or outdated windows updates. 

I tried in both browsers (Chrome & IE). I cleaned up all the temp files and cookies in both, but still it didn't work.

....  Giving you a little bit of more details, however don't think this is the case.

I'm running four queries in the same report. There is one report tab for each query and the fourth is a summary tab, when I'm merging the four queries. The weird thing, one of the columns in Summary tab show all zeros for the user when she logs and run the report in her machine. When she logs and run in my computer (remote connection) she can see the values in that column, as I do, when running with my credentials.  She is located in Europe and I'm in USA, which makes a "little" bit harder to simulate the issue...

Thanks again for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Now its clear that the issue is specific to a machine and more specific to format settings. **Make sure you both are accessing the same report and both of you have same product locale settings in LAUNCHPAD preferences.**

1st thing:

On your machine:

Go to IE....Internet Options.....Click on Languages under Appearance... Make a note of the same

On user Machine:

Go to IE....Internet Options.....Click on Languages under Appearance...Try to replicate the values as per your system.

2nd Thing:

On your machine:

Go to Control Panel.....Region and Language....Under Formats....Make a note of what ever settings you have...Again go to Additional Settings and under Number...Make a note of the entire settings....

On user machine:

Replicate the same as your system in the above setup.

This should give you a better understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Bhavanam,

Sorry for taking too long to reply to you and thanks for all of your help. I was able to simulate the issue by placing "Dutch" language at the top of the others I have setup in my computer (I have English and Portuguese). By doing that I was able to simulate the issue. For now, as workaround, I'm asking the user to add English in his/her Internet settings and place at the top of language settings.

Thank you,

Joel

Answers (0)