cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EREC free text search for external posting doesnt show expected results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

after checking, reindexing and debugging for hours now i'll share my issue, maybe somebody does have an idea. We are migrated to eRec 617/007 on a NW740/0009 with TREX 7.10.63.00 and are facing an weird issue. The demand is that an applicant should be able to search for job offers using terms like the reference code in free text search. So I adjusted the search profile and added the reference code as key and value (entity and free text in SPRO) and reindexed the search profile. The system does supports German, English and French but a search (German UI) for a german posting using the reference code doesnt return any results, I've checked the search profiles and yes its in there. The weird thing is as soon as I use the the english reference code for the english posting of the same job offer a result is returned (in erec the german entry is shown due to some application logic). I tried the unregistered search, the test search (COM_SE_SEARCH_IIF_TEST) and the trex search (trexadmin) all having the same results. Any ideas?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

But the German reference code is in the search profile? If you search with another word and open the posting dataoverview, is the correct reference code taken over?

Regards,

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

thanks for your answer. Yes the reference code is in the search profile. Meanwhile we've got some from SAP and it looks like that newer versions of the TREX doesn't like some characters. In this case the < > characters leads to the issue that the trex doesn't index the whole document and is not available for the free text search. Roman Weise already described that behaviour for special/non-printable characters but not for simple characters like above. This one is hard to catch as it worked with older versions of search/TREX. Proposed solution is to change TREX settings, i'll report if it worked as soon we tried it.

Regards,

Gerd

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thx Gerd!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, seems to be solved Note 1719658 describes the solution

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert