cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journals between cash flow relevant accounts with CBA (doc. splitting)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are implementing new GL and Cash Basis Accounting so we have a dedicated cash based ledger.

This ledger gets updated when the accounts relevant for cash flow are posted, by inheriting the information recorded at the invoice stage.

This works fine whenever I post a payment to clear the vendor against which I formerly posted an invoice: the P/L account posted at invoice stage in inherited via document splitting and my payment will update the cash ledger by debiting the P/L (stored in RE_ACCOUNT) and crediting the Bank.

The issue we are facing is in case we do internal cash reallocations. When we move money, e.g. from current to savings account, the posting only affects two accounts which are cash flow relevant and there is no P/L account to derive.

The system issues error FAGL_CL058 (Field RE_ACCOUNT of document splitting was not assigned to an account). We have defined a constant in the relevant IMG activity "Edit constant for nonassigned processes" but it does not really work as the constant includes all the fields which we are splitting on, even if they are left blank. So it assigns the value of RE_ACCOUNT along with all the other (blank) values for the characteristics we are splitting on: this means all other values which we input manually in the document (e.g. Fund) get overwritten by the blank constant.

Is there a way to have only the constant value for RE_ACCOUNT updated in the document while leaving all the other values entered manually in the document and associated to the same constant unchanged?

Thanks.

Ciao!

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

As far as I have noticed standard sap document splitting works if you are changing all the relevant values in these type of cases and not other values entered manually and RE_Account taking as constant.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify more,

For example:

First: If there are default settings for other account assignments entered for the Payment on Account (0PACC) constant, then we can enter a default value for the RE_ACCOUNT field using the Customizing activity Edit Constants for Nonassigned Processes.

Second: If there are no default settings for other account assignments, try the following:

1. Add an account assignment to the constant Payment on Account (0PACC) using the Customizing activity Edit Constants for Nonassigned Processes
  2. Enter a default value for the RE_ACCOUNT field using the Customizing activity Edit Constants for Nonassigned Processes

So check if you can follow the logic mentioned in the second point.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

thanks for your reply. It actually brought me close to the solution.

I did what you suggested and I managed to post the document without having the rest of the account assignment overwritten.

Still I faced a few problems. Let me try to describe in more detail the setup here:

We have new GL with 3 parallel ledgers which splits on the following dimensions:

GRANT_NBR

GEBER

FISTL

FIPOS

and 2 Z fields.

In addition we have grants management (ledger 90) which splits on:

GEBER

GRANT_NBR
PS_PSP_NR
SPONSORED_PROG

Finally we have the Cash Ledger (which wants RE_ACCOUNT populated) and the FM online payment update so we split also on

CC_ACCOUNT

KNBELNR

VOBELNR.

Having said this, when I define a constant (e.g. 0PACC), the system creates the entries in table T8G41B for all the splitting characteristics defined above (those for new GL, from GRANT_NBR to the 2 Z fields).

!* 0PACC FIPOS etc...

This is my first problem. Once I create the Constant in customizing, SAP does not allow me to modify it further: either if I try to modify a value assigned or if I try to delete the characteristic constants (I mean the entry itself, not the value assigned to it), SAP ignores when I save so I am not allowed to modify them further.

This could be an OSS issue. I currently deleted them directly from the table and it worked.

The second problem is that during the posting I receive error GLT2301, stating that there are no constant values maintained for Ledger 90. This is also strange as I do not need any constants for ledger 90. I think the source of the problem is that the item category has been assigned Processing category 0 (with the constant 0PACC): I believe ledger 90 goes by default looking for a value whereas all the other ledgers in new G/L don't.

I solved this by manually adding the entries to the table T8G41B (this could in theory be done also from the Special Ledger section of the SPRO but there is another weird behaviour for which it does not allow me selecting the ledger I want to define the constants for, if I previously accessed (in the same session) the constant transaction in new GL).

Do you think I am doing anything wrong for the two errors above? Should they be investigated by OSS?

Thanks again for your help.

Ciao!

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Max,

As far as you have described, I did not notice anything wrong going on here, so please raise a OSS as SAP should advice the update for the standard behaviour pattern for your first problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

as well as your second problem.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

I raised the OSS. I will let you know once I get the feedback

Thanks a lot for now.

Ciao!

Max

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

finally I closed the issue.

SAP released an OSS note for allowing me to maintain a constant on RE_ACCOUNT without being forced to maintain values on the other splitting dimensions in FI (this solves the first problem).

The second problem is automatically solved by the above one in fact as soon as I define the constant only for RE_ACCOUNT, I can change the processing category of the rule from 0 to 1, hence error GLT2301 is no longer issued.

Thanks again for your help.

Ciao!

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Max,

I am glad to know that your issue is addressed & resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish