Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Create File to Import Data Access Profile

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wants to import new Data Access Profile and Team into the SAP BPC 10.0 system. For that i am using program ZUJE_MASS_USER_MGMT. When i exported Data Access Profile from the system it created file in a system like in below format.

H,RO_CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT,Read access for Organization CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT

M,RO_CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT,ORGANIZATION_AP,ANNUAL_PLAN,CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT,R

T,RO_CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT,r_CT_MEA_NA_OTHACT

H,RO_CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA,Read access for Organization CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA

M,RO_CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA,ORGANIZATION_AP,ANNUAL_PLAN,CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA,R

T,RO_CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA,r_CT_MEA_SAV_MTNZA

As per Mass user management document when we need to import Data Access Profile then the file format should be as similar as export format. So i have created one file in excel but not able to create above mentioned format. I have try to attached file herewith but xls format is not allowed. Can someone help me and advise me how to create correct format file. When i create .csv file then the comma is not coming into this file as a seperator.

If possible you can send me procedure via emai to parag_sawale@yahoo.com so that i will share file with you via email.

Thanks

Parag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Parag,

Senario 1) to convert the data in a cell with commas into multiple columns then  go to "DATA" tab then click on "text to columns"  inside that select "delimited" then go to next and check on "commas" then finish

senario 2-- if we have data in multiple columns and we need to insert in a single column with delimited by commas

use the function in an cell   =combine(A:D)

this will combine the values in columns A to D in a single cell delimited by commas.

we can handle it with simple macro.

Function Combine(WorkRng As Range, Optional Sign As String = ",") As String

'Update 20130815

Dim Rng As Range

Dim OutStr As String

For Each Rng In WorkRng

If Rng.Text <> "," Then

OutStr = OutStr & Rng.Text & Sign

End If

Next

Combine = Left(OutStr, Len(OutStr) - 1)

End Function

working sheet sent to mail id parag_sawale@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Also right now 50 data access profile available in my BPC  system. if i upload further 100 data access profile then i will it added to existing one  i.e. will it be 150 or will it replace existing data access profile.

Please advise.

Thanks

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

The tool explains that the upload will overwrite all existing profiles with the contents of the file. This means you should download the existing 50, merge the file with your 100 and then upload 150.

This will ensure that all profiles are maintained.

Additionally, be aware of having any stray commas ( , ) in the document may cause error. Details can be found in the comments here:

I hope this helps,

Nick Carter

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, change system's default separator:

1. Click the Windows Start menu.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Open the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

4. Click the Regional Options Tab.

5. Click Customize.

6. Type a new separator (comma) in the List separator box.

7. Click OK twice.