cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have production order with 10 quantities and 5 operations.

System should not allow me to confirm my second operation unless I confirm all quantities (10) of first operation. Is it possible to do this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750563
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adopt operation release in place of order release,

i.e. Release the order  operation wise.

Regards,

Subhash

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

You mean to say, they can use Trigger Point functionality for Operation release? CO31

This can be a too good solution, please correct me if my wrong.

Best regards

Shailesh

former_member750563
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard functionality to control the requirement requested; So the alternative way out i have suggested,

Yes they can opt the Trigger point functionality.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I suppose that the operation sequence check was activated on the order confirmation customizing. According to the F1 help of this field, system only carry out the following checks:

• Have preceding operations already been confirmed?
  • Does the confirmed yield from the preceding operations exceed the total confirmed quantity of the operation to be confirmed?

It means that system will not check if the previous operation was fully confirmed. If there was a partial confirmation, the subsequent operation can be confirmed, as long as the quantity does not exceeds the previous operation confirmed quantity.

You can your own check to allow a confirmation only when the previous operation is fully confrimed using BAdI WORKORDER_CONFIRM.

BR

Caetano

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Since you have 5 Operations and want no succeeding operations confirmation before preceding to be confirmed, you have to do settings like below.

• For each operation, you have to assign a control key marked as Milestone confirmation.(OP67)

• In customizing, OPK4, you have to set Sequence Adherence rule as error.

One thing to be noted that for the first time you are confirming the Opearation-20, system will give error message that 10 is milestone confirmation, so you need to confirm Op-10

However, if your Prod Order is of 10 Pcs and you confirm Op-10 partially to 2 Pcs, then you can confirm next 0p-20, 30, 40 and 50.

But for next partial confirmation, you can directly jump to 20 and system will not stop. This is Standard SAP functionality.

For everytime to have x:x confirmation sequence, you have to use Badi to suggested by Mr. Caetano. I had similar requirement in my implementation project where I used Badi WORKORDER_CONFIRM.

For this you have to build your own custom logic, if you want i can share with the required logic we used.

Best regards

Shailesh Mishra