cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - SSL Signature verification failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was working on SMP 3.0 for Agentry app. For some reason, i uninstalled SMP Server then installed again. I puplished same Agentry app to the server. But clients cannot login with old smp_crt.cer It gives SSL Signature verification failure error.

But nothing has changed by server-side. I just uninstalled the server and installed again. I do not want to send all clients new smp_crt.cer

To do this, i put the old smp_crt.cer on the server configuration folder and installed again. But it did not work.

How can i keep working with old smp_crt.cer ?

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Serkan,

When you re-installed the SMP server it automatically generated a new self-signed certificate that it will use going forward.

If you have the old smp_keystore.jks file you can export the old certificate and import it into the new smp_keystore.jks to use the old cert.  The smp_crt.cer is an exported certificate for sending to clients and not the actual certificate used by the server.

It also does not contain the private key used when generating it so you will be unable to import into the new smp_keystore.jks file to use it with your applications.

One option moving forward would be to generate / sign the certificate from a CA ( internal or 3rd party) rather than using self-signed certificates.  That way you only have to install the CA on the devices (iOS, WPF) and then if the certificate changes you don't need to distribute anything new to them.

--Bill

Answers (0)