cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we export VA05 to spreadsheet directly for ECC 6.0 version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing UAT for ECC 6.0 upgrade project. I found that I cannot export VA05 to spreadsheet anymore. I can do it under 4.7 version but cannot in ECC 6.0. The only thing I can do is type manually "xls" by saving as "Text with Tabs", but the exported file is not user friendly. Please kindly help. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's an ALV grid and I have no idea why this is not a button on the toolbar (like in other reports), but if you simply right-click on any cell, it opens a pop-up menu with 'Spreadsheet' option. If you click on it and choose the first format (MHTML, it may already be set as your default) it opens Excel in-place view.

No need for OSS here.

The old way List -> Save... actually has never been "proper" Excel format, but it became very apparent with Office 2010 (I think) when MS changed the format completely and introduced XSLX extension. So SAP simply renamed it to what it is, it seems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was thinking to write a document on the same but not sure ... till i saw this discussion and saw a good solution no one has suggested...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62981

Please close solution if it solves your issue.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JM,

Not yet solved. I will try to open a ticket of OSS...

Regards,

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

before you open an OSS note, have you tried what was proposed in the document 62981?

Regards,

JM

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ting Ting Sabrina Kwai,

Whether it's upgraded with any EHP? Please check the below link for this issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

I read the file already. So, does it mean we cannot restore the "List => Save => File => Spreadsheet" Option?  Thank you.

Warmest Regards,

Sabrina

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has been done by SAP with the support package 'SAP Basis release 7.40 and higher (SAPKB74001)'.

SAP has just changed the description from "Spreadsheet" to "Text with Tabulators", you can use this tab as same like as "Spreadsheet".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patra,

It is so sad that SAP has changed in this way. It is not convenient to use. When we save as "xls" by "Text with Tabs", the excel format is quite weird. Users need to do something to fix the exported excel sheet.

Regards,

Sabrina

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are facing any issue, then you should raise OSS ticket to SAP support. They may can check and give you solution accordingly.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I can see the spreadsheet option in the same t-code instead of "Text with tabs"

I am in ECC 6. I assume, this is changed by your organization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Patra,

Thank you for your reply. I am so confused! Why the "spreadsheet" is no longer there? Do you know any settings we can do behind? Thanks a lot!

Warmest Regards,

Sabrina

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is same quite as spreadsheet. the word spreadsheet is quite misleading in the same purpose. So SAP has renamed this as "Text with Tabulators", for more details have a look into the OSS note 1776721 - Spreadsheet for list in local file and read the KBA 2031959 - "Text with Tabs" export format in download list

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you executed VA05, click from the top menu bar "List > Save > File" so that you will an option to select spreadsheet.

G. Lakshmipathi