cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 SP5 Scheduling 15 Webi documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm scheduling 15 webi reports to a group of users with VOD access level.Users need to refresh the report frequently.

I need to know the best way to do it.

Nb : I did it in Default Enterprise Location, but 'My recently run documents' displays just the last 10 documents.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdellah,

Recently Run Documents portion in Launchpad shows Recent 10 docs run by the user only.

You can find all of the scheduled documents in destination directory .

If you are using publication ,make sure you are selecting any one of the destination along with default enterprise location (Inbox,FTP,File System,,) .

Note :the default location is the report as itself which mean that an instance of the report is been created. After you scheduled the report to the default location you can view this one by clicking on "view latest instance" .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdellah,

Regarding your your Query:

In SAP Business Objects 4.x version they have included new Home page like " My recent Viewed Documents, My Recent Run Documents, Unread Message in My Inbox & Unread Alerts".

So if users view all 15 Instance as per your requirement they will get the status of only 10 Latest Viewed Instances in Home tab, If they want to see all reports latest instances they have to navigate to report path level and check the status.

"Last Run" Menu is available where they can check the status of Jobs Last execution date, And when they click on Web Intelligence Report they will get the Latest Instances only from BI Lanuch pad or Else the second option is Right click on report and select the option "View Latest Instance". They have to do this activity for all 15 Reports.

Or

You can select the default Global preference for all user to that Particaluar Folder but for that also they have to View the Latest Instance of all Report, Only they will get the benefit is that when they login in BI Launch Pad default Folder path will Open.

For Setting of Global preference please refer belwo KBA

1645009 - How can we set identical user preferences for All Users / Specific Group in BI 4.0/4.1?

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1645009

1659566 - How to Apply Preferences to All User Accounts in BI 4.0

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1659566

Hope this will help!!!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

If i select the default Global preferences for all user to a public Folder (it's the folder where allo reports are saved), i will have 20 users refreshing in the same time the same report.

is that true ?

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdellah,

If you set the default folder location then every time when they logon they have to select the report and check the latest instance using above steps that i mentioned in above thread.

But they will get the details of only 10 "Recent Viewed Documents, My Recent Run Documents" in Home Tab.

If you want to do something else then creatse a Dashboard and add all 20 Web Intelligence Report and set that Dashboard as a Global Preferences for all, So when next time user login in BI Launch Pad all 20 Dashboard Report will Open.

Hope this will help!!!

Thanks,

Daya