Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info broadcaster VS Analysis for Office scheduling

former_member186526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

My client has BEx 3.x workbooks which are currently running on Info broadcaster, So we are planning to upgrade our queries to 7.x and thinking about the workbooks should be converted to 7.x or AO ? here are the two options.

1. Converting queries to 7X and Converting to 7X workbooks, Using info broadcaster for scheduling .

2. Converting 7X queries and recreating AO reports , then using AO scheduling functionality .

Mostly we are pushing to use new features with BOBJ, which is AO scheduling. But i'm looking what is the difference between Info Broadcaster and AO scheduling. Do we get everything what we have in IB or we gonna miss any feature like we have in IB ? If someone can help us in getting some knowledge requiring the Pro and cons using IB vs AO scheduling.

Any help can be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your requirements - scheduling in Analysis Office works like publications - see

Scheduling and broadcasting are two different things.  What are your customer's requirements? 

former_member186526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the response.

I'm referring to BEx broadcasting, We have some reports that are using IB in 3.x version.

So we need to replace that with higher version 7X or AO.

So looking for the BEx Broadcasting vs AO scheduling features.

We are on BO 4.1 SP5 and AO 1.4 SP10.

Is there any pros and cons using AO scheduling vs BEx broadcasting ?

Thanks

John

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me, it depends on the customer's requirements.  Do they want to store their workbooks on BW or BI Platform? If they want to store their workbooks in BW then stay with Information Broadcasting in 7x because you can only do scheduling on the BI platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does AO 1.4 support publication as did with Webi. If customers are using Bex Boradcaster for report bursting. Does we can achieve same functionality with AO. I know we can do publication with webi but I do not see option for AO. we have requirement to email report base on dynamic recepients with data filtering.

If this is not available , does it plan for next release of AO 2.0.

Appreciate your response.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - it supports scheduling - see

That's not the same as broadcasting