cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export EXCEL data-only  report using Java SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to export a report in EXCEL data-only format because I report is essentially a data only report and I don't want any formatting. How do I export the report in data-only format. Right now, it export in excel format but the output has extra blank columns.

ViewSupport viewSupport = ViewSupport.Factory.newInstance();

viewSupport.setOutputFormat(OutputFormatType.EXCEL);

viewSupport.setViewType(ViewType.BINARY);

viewSupport.setViewMode(ViewModeType.DOCUMENT);

RetrieveBinaryView retBinView = RetrieveBinaryView.Factory.newInstance();

retBinView.setViewSupport(viewSupport);

RetrieveData retrieveData = RetrieveData.Factory.newInstance();

retrieveData.setRetrieveView(retBinView);

docInfo = reportEngine.getDocumentInformation(docInfo.getDocumentReference(), null, oActions, null, retrieveData);

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

Which BO version  are you using.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj, We are using Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1 SP3 12.3.0.601. BuildVersion=12.3.0.601.BOE_CRS2008V1_SP_COR Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the web services sdks, as far as I am aware of, you do not have an option to export an excel in data only format.

What behavior you see, when you export a report directly from the Crystal Report Designer?

Also refer to

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I mentioned before, the report is a simple tabular report with no formatting. It is essentially a data-dump of the underlying SQL command. In the designer, when I export in Excel, I see small extra blank columns between data columns. However, when I export the same report in Excel Data-Only format, I do not see the extra blank columns.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some very specific things you can do in the format of the report to get it to export cleanly to Excel.  See the attachment on my second response on this thread for more info:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3329390

-Dell