cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get children from parent in EPM report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I want to select a parent in my axis and have all the children members in my column.

Any idea about a EPM formula to get this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either use the Report Editor and use 'Member and Children' option - linked to the Context member so it is dynamic.

Combine the use of EPMCONTEXTMEMBER, EPMDIMENSIONOVERRIDE and excel logic to use DEP(member) syntax in to the argument.

Hope this helps,

Nick Carter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

As far as know if you select any dimension either row or column or page axis then you can not use same dimension in other axis. For example i have selected time in page axis then i can not use time in column or row axis. you can link the dimension members using property but you can not select same dimension in both axis.

1) Context member and use relationship.

Use context member, In one cell use EPMcontextmember with filter so user will select only parent level members and use relationship as "base level" or "member and descendants"

2) Context member and  EPMDIMENSIONOVERRIDE

For you case instead of using page axis simply use epmcontext member with filter so it will show only parent level members for selection and the use dimensionoverride. Take look at below screen shot.

For time override i used C6 cell.

Hope this will solve your problem.

former_member645077
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that you have used "BAS"&"("&E2&")" to get the base values. Could you please let us know that what is the formula to get the children values using the above logic ?

Thanks,

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

siddhartha

As you can see, none of users in this question are active now - "Former Member"....

It's better to ask a new question!

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Member and Base or Member and Children from dimension member selection

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Raju