cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete a member from a dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I’m using SAP BPC 10 NW SP6 in NW 7.31 and I’m getting a strange error, and after I tried some suggestions in other posts I’m having this issue:

First step.  Add a new dimension member in the CATEGORY dimension called PLAN, at this point the dimension is processed successfully.

Second step.  Immediately, after the PLAN member is added I try to delete it but I’m getting the following error.

Third step. Click on See details to try to find an error, but I don’t get any error message, the last line in the log says something like “Begin writing in BW”

Last Step. Add again the PLAN member in the dimension and it is processed right.

Just to finish, I don’t have any BPF instance and also I tried running the UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE for the dimension but the issue still persists. Do you have some idea in how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process the dimension in offline mode and delete the member and process again in offline mode.

Hope it helps...

regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VaraPrasadraju Potturi

A little
strange but following your steps: First add again the PLAN member and process
the dimension in offline mode, after that delete de PLAN member and process the
dimension in offline mode worked fine for me, I remember that when I added
again the PLAN member in my last step I didn’t put offline the system.

The only thing a don’t understand is why happened this, did you had some issue like this before?

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

There is a SAP note related to similar issue. But that note is related to old SP compared with your current version.

I thought it may work

Thanks,

Raju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Try to run lite optimize on all cubes if this does not help, please activate the environment shell

if the issue persist, please attach application log: SLG1

Thanks, Safa

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martinez,

1) Check whether this version has any transaction data in all the models. (RAS1). If yes clear it.

2) Run UJA_DATA_CHECKER program.(SE38).

3) Check if any data access profile on plan version. (Not sure).

Shrikant