cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schemas _sys_bi & _sys_repo missing in HCP to preview the data from custom views created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advice me how to get the schema's  (_SYS_REPO & _SYS_BIC) visible in Hana Studio . I am using Hana Cloud Platform provide by SAP.

I had gone through number of user reviews, Some them provided there views and executed those. But didn't fetch the results.

Some of the activities I fallowed in order to preview the data from analytical & Calculated View are as fallows
1. There are two types of Schema's : starting with DEV & NEO. Tables need to be created under NEO schema.

Executed: GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA "NEO_4I6O5IKG8SOTOH0L88A6E6877" TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

2. Created calculation & Analytical view: But failed to preview the data.

Executed: call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS";

But failed to execute the procedure due to one of the table created by me which does not

Error : "HCP"."GRANT_PRIVILEGES_ON_MANAGED_REPO_OBJECT": line 12 col 3 (at pos 995): [129] (range 3): transaction rolled back by an internal error: user-defined error:  [10001] "HCP"."DEPENDENCY_VALIDATOR": line 81 col 9 (at pos 4881): [10001] (range 3) user-defined error exception: Checking object: schema: _SYS_BIC, object: p1941198767trial.hihanaxs.package/STS_ANALYTICAL_VIEW. User DEV_6D4HOL8ZINV9L87RBXWX1NUAJ is not authorized for:  Object: DIMPERIOD Schema: DEV_6D4HOL8ZINV9L87RBXWX1NUAJ Type: TABLE

DIMPERIOD is the custom table created by me.  This table was created initially under DEV_6D4HOL8ZINV9L87RBXWX1NUAJ and granted select on schema to sys_repo. Later I figured it out, we suppose to create tables under NEO schema  NEO_4I6O5IKG8SOTOH0L88A6E6877.

I tried to execute:

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"('p1941198767trail.hihanaxs.NEOPackage','Z_NEO_STS_ATTR_VIEW');

Error:

Could not execute 'call ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [1281]: wrong number or types of parameters in call: HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS: line 1 col 12 (at pos 11)

Please find the screenshot below for reference:

Related to roles and privileges on user DEV_6D4HOL8ZINV9L87RBXWX1NUAJ

we are provided with limited roles. standard roles like MODELING , MONITORING would be helpful to execute the scenarios and we are not able to add the roles and privileges to the user assigned once HCP is created.

Regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldn't find the _SYS_BIC schema. Tried many options mentioned in SCN. But couldn't fetch anything out the solution in SCN.

Recently I came across following steps:

1. Make sure _SYS_REPO has privilege SELECT WITH

GRANT OPTION for the schemas used. In order to grant _SYS_REPO this privilege

you can execute the following statement:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR_SCHEMA> TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

2. Make sure the user activating the Object has at

least SELECT privilege over the schemas used within the scenario. SQL

statement to grant this privilege would be:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA <YOUR_SCHEMA> TO <USER_THAT_WILL_ACTIVATE_ANALYTIC_OBJECT>;

3. Make sure all the dependencies of the Analytic

Object to be activated is contained in the Analytic Privilege assigned to the

user that will actually activate the Main Analytic Object.

First option is known to everyone.

I am stuck with the second option. Can I know the user that Activate analytical object.