SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message to open old FM period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ECC6 EHP 4 and implmenting the BCS part of FM. FM activation is year is 2014. I have the folllowing issue.

When I tried to post the MIGO (posting date Mar 2015)entry for old purhcase order (PO date is 2 Nov 2013), I am geting error message saying FM period 008/2013 not open for value type 51?

I do have few open items from 2013 onwards, do I have to open the FM period from 2013 onwards?

Please advise

Regards

Shailesh

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functionally speaking you should carry-forward your open commitments to the relevant year. This is not linked to your BCS activation. Opening of FM period is relevant for actual/commitments, and this algorithm does not change with implementation of FM-BCS.

If, for whatever reason, you don't want/cannot carry-forward your commitments, you have to open the period. Also, notice that with PBET you have to carry-forward your commitments.

Regards,

Eli

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

This error message is issued due to the reduction of the PO that the system is trying to do while posting MIGO.

It is important that you know if you are PBET or not.

You see if PBET is activated in your system in transaction SE38 -> report RFFMMONI -> Run -> Click on your update profile and you will see if PBET is marked.

You can also check if you are PBET in transaction OF39 as PBET can be active in your system either for your whole FM update profile or for individual value types.

If you are not PBET, you can use transaction FMIR to open the period for the posting.

If you are PBET and wants to post without considering PBET logic (with PBET active, all postings have to be chronological, hence a PO reduction or change cannot be done in an earlier date) you can consider transaction FMOD but only if you have just few open items to be posted and few users that would do this task. When the task is finished, remember to remove the users from FMOD otherwise everything that they will post will be in that date. FMOD should be blank in your system before all the open items were posted.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Vanessa.