cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change field type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

Faced with problem in sap crm with addresses.

External system is a master system for any address and send any changes with adresses to sap through sap pi. But sap sends zip code in char data type format? but our integrators makes the field for zip in int data type, that is why for example external system sends zip 060000 but in sap it saves as 60000. So could you tell me how to change field data type, if it has values? is it possible?  or there is no way and I have to create a new field with new data type?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayrat

Still battling with this issue I see.

Would not recommend attempting to change the Type of this field.

The affected table is literally used everywhere. Let alone it being a SAP standard field.

What impact is it causing by saving without the leading zero?

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot save address on business partner , because firstly when push on check address button sap sets value from z table(60000) and then I push on save value sap call some check rule and says that for this country zip code length should be 6 digits( 060000). i cannot set value of 5 digits in t005 table because for this country(kazakhstan) we have another address with  normal 6 digits zip code. The leadeng zero is cutting by sap because of int data type for this field into z table. So that is why now I must create a new field with char type.

Regards

Ayrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll check on my end and see what I can find

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. Thank you so much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abibenbella
Explorer
0 Kudos

try with data type NUMC.. since it respects leading zeros..