Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Check Number Assignment while posting payment document

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched through forum regarding this but haven't found the solution. all i found is assignment through "FCHU" Which does not fulfill my requirement. what i would like to know is that is there any way system assigns next check number available in check lot register to assignment field in  payment document during posting payment document "KZ" through F-53 or any other T-Code?

Please share you experience on this.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

F110 & F-58 should take care of this. Additionally, make sure you do not set up Check lots as non sequential. With this, all the checks will be issued sequentially only

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Will the check number get assigned in assignment filed automatically while processing auto payment to vendor?  i have tested the scenario but assignment field does not get filled auto when i am processing manual payment through f-53. could you please guide me on this if its possible and how i'll configure this?

Regards,

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan

Why do you need assignment to be updated if the check no is already updated in the field Check No, when it is already updated when you execute F110 or F-58. You can view the check details from PAYR table or from std reports like FCHN. You can even add this as a special field for display in FBL1N.

Can you highlight the business logic for updating assignment field, when the same is already updated in Check no field? It does not sound logical to me to update it in two places.

Technically, it is feasible to do that through a field to field substitution by writing a simple substitution rule in GGB1 at line item level based on check no field

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

basically what we want from system is to populate assignment field in F-53 or against document type kz with the next cheque number available in check lot. up till now we've been providing cheque number manually and then assign check number to document separately through cheque management. do you have any solution for this?

Regards,

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

F-53 is for manual payments and it means you write check outside SAP. So you have to update manually. If you need check to be updated automatically, complete FBZP configuration and use F110 or F-58 for the same.

regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sanil,

I know its late but we have not found any solution for it yet so i though to to give it a try. the logic behind this is that we are using manual bank reconciliation and with Interpretation Algorithm "15" that matches the assignment field of the document. this is why we are looking for a way where assignment field fills up with the next check number of check lot so that we minimize have the chance of making any mistake

Regards,

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan

If you need to populate assignment field at bank account line item from payment document, you should run transaction FCHU after creating the check. That's the purpose for FCHU (populate check number in assigment, reference or Ref Key 3 fields). You can schedule a periodic job in order to populate your field.

If FCHU stil does not fullfill your requirement, then you should try with an enhacement or exit after creating the check.

However, for bank reconcilitarion you can use algorithm 011. The check number must come in correct field from EBS and must match exactly the check format number. (Eg if you create check 001234 in SAP, then in EBS should come 001234, not 000001234 nor 1234).

Best regards!

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mgitur.

this was really helpful. so basically i could use f-58 to auto assign check number to payment document and after that i could use fchu to populate the assignment field with the check number assigned to that document right? one more thing in auto payment program is all this process done automatically? i mean of check assignment from respective check lot and clearing bank item through auto bank statement?  Thank you so much for your support i will definitely assign you points.

Regards,

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

" i could use f-58 to auto assign check number to payment document and after that i could use fchu to populate the assignment field with the check number assigned to that document right? "

Yes, that's correct.

" in auto payment program is all this process done automatically? i mean of check assignment from respective check lot and clearing bank item through auto bank statement? "

If you have the correct check printing program (eg RFFOUS_C) associated with payment method; and when posting payment in F110, you create the payment medium with corresponding variant, you should be creating checks (check lot should be populated in program variant).

After this, you should also run FCHU in order to populate assignment field with check number within payment documents.

When uploading EBS, if you use algorithm 011 then you don't need to populate assigment field and when importing EBS (with proper configs.) you can clear gl bank line item directly with check number (no need to use FCHU).

Best regards!

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your support its all clear to me now.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizal,

As you are already clear with the topic but even if you go for F-53 and do manual update of check No. then you can schedule automatic update of check no. FCHU as well.

Refer to the full customization:

Thanks and Regards,

Mukesh Sharma

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I tried the process but in FCHU i m getting a message. Following is the process i executed:

Created a vendor with Payment method "H"

Posted an invoice

Made the payment Through F-53

Assigned the check manually through "FCH5"

Executed FCHU.

On executing FCHU i am getting the message "No Check which could be assigned to document was found" Could you please guide me what i am missing here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Have you maintained the check lot FCHI for the house bank and account Id.

Maintain and process again. If found helpful assign points.

Regards,

Mukesh Sharma

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes mukesh i did. Any other suggestions?

former_member229478
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible. I have already checked.

Logically, it is not possible.

but with the help of Technical consultant, yes, you can try.

Br,

Arif

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your input Arif.

former_member229478
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

What I understood from your query that you want to assign the next check number from the check lot to the Assignment field automatically, when you run the payment program either automatically or manually.

Please confirm if I am not wrong

Br,

Arif

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

You are right this is exactly what i need. could you please suggest a solution

former_member229478
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay,

As per my knowledge, this cannot possible in standard SAP system as the system cannot display unused check numbers for a new posting document.

Lets say, after booking an invoice when you post the payment through F-53, F-58 or F110 the system pick the next check number from check lot to assign the posting document.

So, how could this be possible to assign the next number from the check lot. Which is not yet been a part of payment.

Otherwise, if you still want it. please try user exit/ customer exits, which requires Technical Consultant.

BR,

Arif..

former_member214871
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

There are 2 things to be considered for payment:

> Automatic payment (F110)

> Manual payment: {TR:CD}F-58

The pre-requisite is that check lots are maintained in FCH1 - Maintain check lot

> Automatic payment (F110)

In the print data medium you create a variant and assign appropriate House bank, Account ID and Check lot, so while execution of F110, automatically in the payment document the Check number is stored.

> Manual payment: {TR:CD}F-58

In the screen of F-58, you can enter the House bank, Account ID, check lot and then make payment.

You can check the documents and check number in FCHN.

Let us know the results.

Br,

Rithin