Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Valuation Hours & days- Factoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please have a look at the below scenario and provide your suggestions

A specific Unpaid absence type( Absence  0150)  has been configured and works perfectly for factoring the salary when it is specified in days.( Base Logic1-> TKSOLL- TKAU**)

Requirement

To make the above mentioned Unpaid absence type to reduce in hours also and with the Pre requisite that I need to factor the salary( I dont want to generate a wageype for salary reduction)

The options I have explored are

1.  Create a another Unpaid absence type (absence 0151) < 1day  & and the present one is Unpaid absence 0150 > 1day

(Base Logic TSSOLL- TSAU12 < CC for absence being 12>))

Issue :  would prefer this as last resort  option.

2.  I have already explored the option where I can create a factor (Base logic2-> TSSOLL - TSAU12 < CC for absence being 12>)

Issue-

a) Here when I have a single absence(Only absence 0150)  for absence in hours and also in days(for e.g  absence hours =8 hours(i.e  1 day)) then the System starts calculating calendar days whereby also reducing from Logic 1 i.e reducing twice

b) I also understand that i can exclude the above  factor from logic 1 although we have a many groupings and the impact of a edit in this area is huge

Please guide me if you have already come across a better option to handle this scenario.

Regards,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be better if the absence type has hours as the unit.

1. In TE schema:

1.1 PCR 1 (call with RTIP - before CUMBT function)- Accumulate total absence hrs for this abs.type on a day by with a time type say 8LWP, with op'n ADDDB8LWP  (8LWP=time type with daily balance; if necessary monthly total can be used in the t/t config).

1.2. PCR2 (call with ACTIO after PCR1 before CUMBT). Check if total abs hrs for this absence type(HRS=D8LWP)  is more than today's DWS (HRS?S) or a fixed no (HRS?KZLWPM) as per your requirements.   Here ZLWPM is a constant configured in V_T511K with hrs limit for LWP to determine the type of reduction. If not less, create a time wage type (say 8LWP) with no.of days or hrs.  Same code name is used here for both t/t and w/t.  You can use different codes also.

2. In payroll schema, customize as below:

2.1 Part pay factors: (PCR XPPF and its sub PCRs): For the payments which are to be reduced by this LWP, reduce the hrs to be paid by the time w/t hrs or days equivalent.   The proc class 10 would determine which w/t's are these. 

In XPPP and its sub PCR's do not use the counting class 12 hrs to reduce the factor /8**.  Make sure this CC hrs are excluded.

To do this you need to copy/create the standard PCR's to customer range (e/g. ZPPP, ZPP1, etc.) When you customize the subordinate PCR you need to customize the topmost one also; similarly, when you customize a sub-schema, you need to do the same with the topmost schema).

Instead use the hrs from w/t 8LWP.

You can also report on the t/t on the LWP hrs t/t 8LWP or w/t 8LWP.

Hope the above is clear enough and helpful.

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash, If you want absences to be reduced in hours,you should use processing class-3 for the valuated wage type. Let say,if you have configured wage type for basic '7310'.Suppose if employee's basic is Rs.16,000 and if an emp is absent for 8 hours (planned working hours per day),it should deduct basic salary for 8 hours.If it is scenario, Then use processing class 10 with specification-3 i.e /803,,it would deduct emp salary for 8 hours based on the below formula. /803=planned working hours-unpaid absence hours/monthly working hours Hope this would help you.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakesh,

Giva an exemple where it's working and where it's not.

Briefly describe your requirement and don't mention that what the way you doing. Then it would easy to understand.

Hope so you are clear.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanskarsan,

Can you please let me know the possible options to handle factoring in case I have to create a single unpaid absence type to reduce Salary for partial day leave and also works when it is a full day.

Thanks &Regards

Prakash

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How u r defining is full day absence or half day  ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the same absence and specifying the hours.Not half day but should be hours.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Prakash

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood but if you using time evaluation then its easy derive the dual functionality in same absence type and bring a calculation in payroll. Without time evaluation it can not possible in payroll since absence valuation rule is associated. So we cant bring hours calculation and day's calculation together.

Let see for other's reply.

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say time evaluation you mean generating wage types.

Did I get you right?

Regards

Prakash

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes u r correct.

if you are running time evaluation then you can query the specific absence type for the day and then check full day or half day based on the hours. After that you can generate time wage time differently for full day or half day.

then you can query it in the payroll in factoring after zl table updation.

hoe so its clear now.

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Waiting for your suggestion on how to handle this scenario.

Regards,

Prakash