Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Mass Change CS20 only after ECM Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have done set up of ECM for BOM.

Client wants to replace the component A by component B for almost 500 BOM's at one go.

But the change should happen only after the ECM Header is released where as currently what happens is the ECM number once created,approved and converted it replaces the BOM items and reflects into Process order and BOM's as per the ECM validity Dates.

The CS20 is bringing into effect the change before releasing the ECM and this should not happen.

Any suggestions or solutions how to control this CS20 by not allowing to change the BOM before ECM is Released.

Rgds,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the below link

Best regards

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for your reply,however my requirement is not to make change number field mandatory but before CS20 is performed and when I enter the Change Number it should allow the changes only after checking that ECM Number is in Released status i.e.Last check in ECM status.

Currently when i perform CS20 and my ECM is in Approved & Converted status it changes the BOM with reference to change number that I entered.

Once the ECM is in "Released" the user should be able to PERFORM CS20-BOM MASS CHANGE.

please let me know if Iam able to make this understand?

Rgds,

Nilesh

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the change number status, you can select "02 - Inactive". This will prevent from the change number being used for any changes. When you release the ECM, change the status to "01-Active".

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your response.

May I know why this Release key is given in ECM Status field.

(BOM should show the changes w.r.t ECM number only when Release ECO is pressed or ticked(released))

Suppose when I go in ECM change status and check,approve,convert and after this I make changes in BOM it becomes effective immediately.

Client wants this change should be visible as per validity dates and only after when they perform Release the ECM Status.Because the Release button or authorization will be given to someone else and not the person who creates or changes the ECM and applies it to BOM.

Active and Inactive is the option which they dont want to go about.

Let me know if Iam missing anything in here.

Rgds,

Nileshw