cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Message Monitor (PiMon), No result for messages containing error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are working on a SAP PI 7.4 SP9 Java Only installation and recognized the following issue:

When I check in the Message Monitor "All" messages I get shown messages with status System Error

When I change not my filter to messages with status "Containing errors" nothing is returned.

Also when I try to work with the status group error, only a empty result is returned.

I was not able to find a note for that and I did not found a hint in the SDN/SCN.

Does anyone have the same issue and knows a solution or do you think it's a software bug?

cheers,

Stefan

Further more I was able to repeat that behavior on a second installation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

There is a note but for PI 7.1 not your version 1251777 - Errorneous messages not seen in PI Message Monitoring

I think you should raise this problem to SAP.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the meantime I tried it on a 7.4, SP10 with newst Patches Installation. Same behavior. So I will open a OSS message at SAP.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Sharing the update Stefan !!

Hope you get a resolution from them now.

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

This is the functionality of PI 7.4. As per global configuration, retention period of messages is one day. Can you confirm if you can see the messages triggered today?

We faced a similar issue in our landscape. We followed these steps,

in ICO change the configuration of logging as per screenshot.

And also asked Basis to extend the retention period of messages in PI.

--

Sendhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendhil,

it's not a problem of logging configuration. The messages are logged but the filter in message

monitor is not working correct.

As a work arround we are working now with the message overview

And will patch the system next week with the newest pathes for SP9

cheers,

Stefan

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

True Stefan. Message overview would show the number of messages but in order to see the logs you would have to enable them.

As per my understanding If you could check the messages processed today you would be able to see the audit log.  This is how global configuration would work. 

Can you check today's message and let us know here so it could be helpful for further references in scn 

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not about audit log. It's about accessing the failed messages

When database view -> Display all -> can display the failed messages, it should display them by applying filter as well.

And coming back to persistence, The messages which are in system error state won't be deleted by delete job and those setting just ensures additional staging and logging but not deletion of the message itself.

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Stefan,

Just wondering if SAP provided any resolution to the issue.

We have the same problem on PI 7.4 SP09

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Looks like a Software Bug.

Applying the latest patch might fix this issue.

What is the version of the patch you are using ?