cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS:UWL Substitution(java Application): How to customize this application ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manage Substitution Rules

While creating Substitute rule under Define Rule there is a drop down for selecting tasks to assign tasks for the selected Nominee.

By default ALL option is coming up. i just want to disable that option. i have the following UWL properties set up for the iView but still i can see the ALL option

Add ALL Substitution Profile as  
default                                                                 false

Disable substitution
profiles                                                               false

Disable turn on/off
buttons                                                                false

Display Create/Delete
buttons                                                                true

Hide Rule Activation
column                                                                false

Can anyone please provide a solution for this

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srilakshmi

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the forums

Q: While creating Substitute rule under Define Rule there is a drop down for selecting tasks to assign tasks for the selected Nominee. By default ALL option is coming up. i just want to disable that option.

A: You mentioned making some changes to the iViews display in a bid to remove this "ALL" option. Ok in reference to this there are some important and consideration factors to bear in mind. The "Manage Substitution" action button you see is an Action triggered by UWL. Action name is "launchSubstitutionManager".

I believe that the way to remove total support for substitution and its functional association would be to set the IView Property "Display substituted user selector" (in PCD content) to "no" or "false". If you want substitution feature,but dont want to display manage substitution button, then add "launchSubstitutionManager" to the IView Property "List of UWL Actions to exclude".

The I-View Property "Display Substituted User Selector"hides the Substitution Selector and the Menu Item.

Kindly update me as per your findings based on the above.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow