cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted key figures

0 Kudos

Hallo!

I've created a report (similar financial statement, P/L, cashflow, ...) based on data source FINGLAU04 with several own restricted key figures.

Those restricted key figures always have overlapping characteristics for the restriction criteria.

To explain in more detail:

My report contains plan and actual data of this and previous years for comparision. I could not use the Standard key figure Groups as they are either restricted on plan/actual or comparison of two years.

Therfore, to accomplish, I deselected the Standard key figure Groups and worked with restricted key figures. Some of those key figures have the same characteristic (variable) for the restriciction (besides other characteristics with fixed predifined value that are different). E. g. when I want to compare plan and actual figures of period 3 of this year. I have two restricted figures both with the same characteristic "period/year" for restriction (as variable).

The system shows two selection criterias in the report. One for each key figure. However, it's the same selection.

As there are several key figures, that have same restriction criteria (besides other fixed predefined restriction criteria that are different) it's getting annoying for the customer to very often enter the same selection criteria in the report (one time for each key figure).

Any idea to solve this problem is highly appreciated.

BR, Roswitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henriette_beha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Roswitha,

unfortunately it workes exactly how you described it. You can create an "integrated" financial reporting in one report by creating new key figures for the actual/plan values, but you/your customer always will have to specify the time frame in the selection area of the report which can be quite a lot depending on the number of key figures you have created.

What you can do to make the life of your customer a bit easier is predefining e.g. monthly selections (January 2015, February 2015,...) and save them in the respective report view, so that your customer does not have to enter the selection criteria on his own.

Best regards

Henriette