cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbishment Order - Unable to see serial number for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create refurbishment order using IW81, but when I go to the detail screen I do not see the Serial Number Field, Equipment associated to serial Number in the header data as I will have to select this to refurbish the right equipment associated to the serial number

Thanks,

SP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further,

Your IW81 initial screen itself is not showing the Serial number field, means clear indication that this field was set to Hide in OIAN initial screen itself (Not Order type specific).

If you find the setting as above, change it to Input.  And then on Hide this field for other Order types if required so, by clicking on the Influencing button and then selecting Order Types.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

I have this field as input for Refurrb Order Type.

Thanks,

SP

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have it so, but it would not work if it is set Hide in the initial screen of OIAN. After confirming this too is set as Input, follow recommendations by

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you expect to see the serial number field on the initial screen of IW81 and also an option to select serial numbers (via a icon) on the second screen. However this is only available with business

functions DIMP or LOG_EAM_ROTSUB (available in enhancement package 4).

If you have Ehp4 or later the switch LOG_EAM_ROTSUB can be activated. See SAP help here.

-Paul

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the field CAUFVD-SERIALNR is set to Hide  in the configuration setting for Refurbishment Order (Tcode OIAN)

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO path: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service> Maintenance and Service Processing> Maintenance and Service Orders> Functions and Settings for Order Types> Configure Order Types

Select your order type i.e. REFB and go to 'Screen RefObject'. Press F4 here and select Reference object as O170 i.e Equipment + Serial No. + Material No.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not true with Refurbishment Order type.  Value in field Screen RefObject will not be accepted here. It turns blank saying 'Reference Object Screen was corrected automatically'

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. My apologies. This won't hold true for refurbishment order.