cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign currency valuation - storing of end year posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

In transaction F.05 when I want to do revaluation during year, it seems like SAP is not saving FX posted at the year end for some documents.

For example I have one document from previous year of 100 in foreign currency that are 110 in local currency (according to foreign exchange rate of 31.12.2014) - system did correct posting amount of 10 (local currency) as FX difference and after posting when I check document I can see this (document display - environment - valuation - display values).

Now when I want to do revaluation at the end of January (31.01.) when I do simulation in column "Old reference" is shown correct amount (10 in local currency) and correct amount in column "New difference" (for example 2). This new difference is correct for period from 01.01.-31.01. When I check postings I can see that system is preparing posting of summarized amount instead of only new difference since valuation from previous year should be stored on document (system wants to post amount of 12 in local currency).

Do you have some suggestion what should I check or change to enable correct posting?

Thank you.

B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Boris,

If i understand your issue correctly - you expect to post only the exchange difference from previous F.05 run on Dec31.

In Classic GL F.05 posting system by automatically posts the summarized exchange differences every period end when you execute the program and reverses on next day of program run.

if the requirement is to post the only difference from previous exchange valuation run, then the new GL FAGL_FC_VAL program Delta posting feature will provide the needed solution.

Cheers,