Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of BRF+ UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Can anyone suggest me about UI configuration in brf+

Actually my requirement  is to hide toolbar buttons like WORKBENCH AND TOOLS which comes when you open brf+ workbench for particular user in Quality and production System.

I am able to hide all toolbar button except these two buttons. I also want the process to restrict the use by clicking      'SWITHC TO CATALOG '  button.

Please check out the attachment for more clarity of requirement.

Thanks in Advance

Samyak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user personalization can be preset and hidden from the user. With this approach you can hide repository, define visible catalogs etc.

There are also options to hide menu options. Pls take a look at . On the and the you may find even more information and examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the very quick reply Mr. Ziegler.

First of all , I should say , Superb creativity in brf+.

I have already gone through the blog related to UI configuration in brf+

http://scn.sap.com/community/brm/blog/2012/12/18/controlling-the-ui-appearance-of-the-brfplus-workbe...

As in the above link  , you hide Personalize configuration button in UI class in get_configuration method. In similar way , I want to hide workbench and Tools button as well.

Actually our requirement is to just show Catalog to the End user. I have done embedding catalog object using our custom WebDynpro application also  by following the below link.(as our need is to show only catalog   , there is so much navigation involved    .check for attachement brf+3.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4578

But now I am trying to do it in standard FDT_WD_ADMIN_TOOL component ,

I am running the application by passing id and UI_MODE_CLASS parameters.

if you see the attachment , I am able to hide Personalize button , but not the highlighted one.

I also want to restrict user for further development in Quality and Production system.

As if I right click on Catalog , I am able to create new application , other objects as well. 

Thanks in advance

Samyak

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not include a catalog but instead use the catalog browser mode and pre-set a catalog for the user.

Then the user will be in the catalog view with "his" catalog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sougata
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue @carsten.ziegler i.e. unable to hide some of the toolbar buttons via Personalisation which are outside the scope of the Subclass Redefinitions.

It would be very helpful if someone could let me know how this issue was resolved?

Thanks.