cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending HR Master Data from external leading HR System to HCM

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have descided to have an external system as a leading system for our HR process. In this system we will maintain the data for Infotypes 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003, 0006, 0008, 0009, 0032, 0044.

I have sucessfully created an HRMD_A09 IDOC to be imported using function module IDOC_INPUT_HRMD.

But as soon as I want to carry in changes (e.g. change in IT 0006) I will get following error:

Infotype 0006 cannot be updated on database table PA0006

I assume I will face to similar errors for other IT.

As I only want to delimite the old address to a certain date and create a new address valid by the day after that certain date, I tried to update the existing IF using the function module HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION. When I use operation 'MOD' I get following error:

"No entry in table T591A for 0006".

Has someone an idea what I should used best? For me it's important that I can update each IT listed above separately.

Thanks a lot for any contributing help.

Regards

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the program you are creating to update records could work best, if you are able to do the same thing manually. (Program typically does as what we could do manually).

1. You are trying to update the record in "MOD" mode for the info type 6 (which has time constraint one). I assume, even if you try to do the same thing manually you would receive the same error.

2. What i suggest is, try to create the new record with "COPY" mode with effective from new date, system automatically "Delimit" the earlier record and create the fresh record with the fresh data.

This is the method we follow for all the info types which has time constrain 1 (IT0006).

You may initially try doing this manually, if it works, then keep the operation "COPY" in your program instead "MOD" and it should work.

hope it helps.

-Kanuku

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The error message with the missing entry in T591A came from a corrupt import using IDOC of the info type 0006. I have forgotten to fill E1P0006-ANSSA and the IDOC Function Module does not check the validity of the records, it just save to the database. Subsequently I have created a copy and it took the value from the field P0006-ANSSA to specify the SUBTY value for the access to T591A.

I also thank very much to all of you, especially to Kanuku who gave me the hint with take action "COP" to delimit automatically. I have now a good feeling to implement a good function module for the import of data from the source system.

Regards

Helmut

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd rather use a program to create bdc session from a spreadsheet saved as a text file.  There are utility programs in SAP to load data, which can be adapted to your requirement.

Alternatively there are 3rd party tools, e.g. WinShuttle, DATASYNC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check the Table V_T591A.

A similar error has been describe here

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyasanto,

Looks for me fine.

Is this the correct approach to use this FM or should I use some other route?

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

It's looks fine for me. We have the same one as well.

Reg

Soumya