cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for navigational and display attribute in BPC dimension?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm just analyzing an error in a process chain and released that we have different attribute types in a BPC dimension.

Our dimension has about 20 properties. Each of them have 10 till 60 characters except for two properties, which have 255 characters.

If I view the attributes in RSA1, the two properties with 255 characters are display attributes the other attributes are navigational.

What's the reason for this and how can I change the display to navigational attributes?

Thanks,

Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Every property >= 60 chars will be placed as DIS attribute length of 60 chars in BW.

Because for all the properties >= 60 chars the option "Attribute only" is being set, and "Attribute only" infoobjects are not allowed to be NAV attributes.

The reason for that is that in case of large properties the data itself is stored elsewhere (in /1CPMB/ cache tables) because of the max length restrictions in BW.

You could test it for yourself - while the property length is less than 60 chars it will be NAV, after 60 chars it's DIS.

Also, you can see that for properties larger than 60 chars the value in the backed master data table on property is actually the ID of that member so the join with cache table is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim!

Thank you for your answer! Didn't know about that fact - therefore I have two properties with more that 60 chars....

I think, no chance to change this on a simple way?

former_member182766
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. It is in a core of BPC's functionality.

Answers (0)