cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connection - Send 'Propose New Time'-Request?

bjoern_vonwahl3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Scenario: Updates on invitations sent by external

1) Outlook-User with Desktop Connection for SAP CRM got an invitation (Appointment) from an external Organiser

2) User accepts invitation, marks Appointment (via Desktop Connection Outlook Addin) as CRM relevant and triggers sync to SAP CRM

3) User changes time of appointment in CRM and triggers sync back to his Outlook-Client

4) Outlook-Client shows the new time but does not send a 'Propose New Time'-Request to the external Organiser

Question: Does Desktop Connection support updates (made via CRM) on invitations, e.g. send a "Propose New Time Request" to the organiser, if the appointment (invitation) was received by external?

Thanks and kind regards,

Bjoern

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BACKESSI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

We recommend creating and maintaining appointments in Desktop Connection, not in CRM. Features such as "Propose New Time" or "Send Invitations" are only available in Outlook, not in CRM.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Silvia Backes

Product Owner

bjoern_vonwahl3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Let me give some more background info regarding my initial question:

We are actually evaluating different solutions for Groupware Integration (GWI) with SAP CRM. Therefore we are challenging identified usecases and requirements against the different GWI solutions (basically Server- vs. Client-side GWI).

One of the usecases is that our business gets >20% meeting invitations from external (e.g. Customer). As a GWI User I expect that those appointments are as well synchronized with CRM via GWI.

I conclude, based on your reply, that ...

1. ...synchronization of external (send by a customer) appointments together with "Desktop Connection" is possible; that means a "Desktop Connection"-user can flag an appointment CRM-relevant via the Outlook-Addin and...
  2. ...changes on the appointment, in this case, should not be performed (by the participant) in CRM; therefore appointments (Activity) should be shown read-only in CRM if they are created via GWI (based on an invitation from external)

Question: Are my assumptions above correct?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Bjoern

BACKESSI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bjoern,

To be able to synchronize meetings from external was one of the main goals for Desktop Connection. Regarding your 1. question: yes, synchronization of external (send by a customer) appointments together with "Desktop Connection" is possible.

2.: Updates regarding some of the CRM fields can be performed and synchronized, e.g. update Account in CRM. But you are right might be better to set Desktop Connection appointments read-only.

Kind regards,

Silvia