cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finish button not working in Transaction screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on the SAPCRMSM4.2 application and using Agentry v70.5.1.10 and deploying to SMP 3.0 for Windows platform (1366*768).

In the standard application, I am trying to edit the confirmation items. When I click the finish button, no action is happening, i.e its not working. But when I click the cancel button, its going to the previous page. I don't know why. Changes should be reflected when click the finish button. What will be the reason? For editing the confirmation item, ConfirmationItemAddEdit screenset is used which displays the ConfirmationItemEdit transaction.

Can anyone help me on this?

One more issue I am facing in the same standard application. I am getting the validation failed error when I trigger the transmit button after I create the

confirmations which contains the confirmation items. But its saying that the particular confirmation didn't contain the service type items. I don't know it is giving me the error.

-Basil Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Basil,

The transmit action has code that verifies service type items exist on all confirmations.  This behavior can be controlled (turned on/off) by modifying the global flags related to that feature in the config panel.  You could also modify the transmit action.

Not sure what you mean when you say no action is run when you press the finish button on a transaction.  Doesn't make sense unless you modified things.  What client are you using?  Add message steps to the actions to see popups to see if you are really executing what you think you are.  This is useful for debugging.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have checked the transmit action. I am getting the validation failed error msg when it executes the TransmitValidateConfirmationsWrapper subaction. There are some rules associated with it. But I didn't change anything in the standard application, it should have worked like SM4.1, right? I have added the standard confirmations (without customising anything related to it) and it is properly displaying in the UI. Usually, that validation failed msg will be displayed when we try to send the confirmation without selectiing any confirmation item. Then, why it is giving the confirmation must be corrected error msg? Anything related to the Configpanel? Removing the rules to avoid the error msg is not the proper way to deal with the issue, I know it.

Regarding the finish button,

I am using WPF client Agentry v70.5.1.10.

In the select items screen, I am selecting displayed item and click on edit button. When ever I click on the finish button in the Edit items screen, changes should be reflected in the Confirmation items object, right?  I am able to click on the finish button, but it stays in the same edit screen. When I click on the cancel button, it is going to the previous screen.

Surprisingly, if I add new item (using add new item button in the Confirmation Item tile display), it gets displayed in the confirmation items tile display and I can edit the newly added item, i.e when I click on the finish button, changes are reflecting and it goes to the previous screen.

What exactly should be the problem?

-Basil Jose

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Basil,

Is this the modified select items screen you are working with, or is this the out of box product?  It could be a bug in the edit buttons action.  I don't have a system set up unfortunately to test it for you.  That button is an "edit all" button.  It will loop over all the confirmation items that were added from this screen and edit them one after the other.  Clicking finish should move on the the next item until they have all been edited.  If you have modified anything, there is no way for me to know what you have done wrong.  This button logic should not have changed between 4.1 and 4.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am working in the out of box product (standard) SAPCRMSM4.2. I haven't customised anything related to the select items screen. What you mentioned is right, that button is "Edit all" button. It could be a bug in the edit buttons action, but I am not sure. Then, how its working properly when I add a new item and try to edit it? I have compared the SM4.1 with SM4.2, I couldn't find a change in the button's action. Is there any other parameter that affects the Edit all button?

-Basil Jose

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Basil,

It works properly form the other screen because it is using a completely different action to edit that specific confirmation item.  I will try to look at this for you against SM 4.2 to see if mine has a problem.  How many lines are on your Service Order Items screen for selecting?  How many have you checked to apply to the confirmation?  Can you show a screen shot of the select items screen before you press the Edit All button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

ConfirmationItemEdit action is used to edit the items in both screens (Only difference -> Edit all button will loop all selected items and try to edit one after another if you click on finish button) Even from other screen (ConfirmationItemView_iPad detail screen), I cannot edit listed items. I am facing the same problem there also. If I add new items, its working. There are two items for selecting and I have checked only one item for the confirmation.

Edit all button is working fine on the SM4.1 in standard as well as the customised select Items screen.

-Basil Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

The action that calls the edit transaction, do you have a "Apply" step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Yeah, there is a "Apply" step right after the transaction step. Its working fine in SAPCRMSM4.1, but not in SM4.2.

-Basil Jose

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basil,

Just make sure that your transaction is having any Validation Rule or not.

If yes then check what it is doing, in what case it is returning false.

If transaction validation fails then only this type of behavior is seen (that you click on finish but still you are on the same page and when you click cancel you go back to previous page).

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK K,

There is a validation rule in the transaction, ValidateConfItemSerialNumber. I have deleted (to check whether finish button is working or not )the rule and checked it, result is same. If it was validation problem, it would have worked properly right?

-Basil

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basil,

Have you deleted rule from your application or validation rule step in your transaction ?

If you are still seeing same dialog box that means following possibilities

1) You have not deleted rule step properly or may not published that to server.

2) Have you synced client with latest changes that you did

3) Check your action is it having any more steps other than transaction where it checks this validation

Also if a transaction rule is applied that means it is having some business requirement.

From the dialog box that you shown above it is clear that Locally created service order do not have service items with it.

So do not delete anything just return true from your rule for transaction rule and see what happens.

And if transaction works correctly then

also check transmit action rules which checks for service items availability on confirmations.

Regards,

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK K,

First of all, the validation failed error msg that you mentioned is another issue I am facing (When I transmit the confirmations to the backend).

Finish button issue is related to the Confirmation item edit. When I try to edit the selected confirmation button, it is displaying the screenset with default values. But when I click on the finish button, it stays in the same page without reflecting the changes. (Normally, when you click on the finish button, it must moved to the next page).

I have deleted the validation rule from the ConfirmationItemEdit transaction, not from the application and checked whether its working, but the result is same.