cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: Control cannot be found after exporting to prod sys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I have a practical issue regarding importing app into prod sys.

Situation: I have developed an app on sandbox and then export it to development sys and quality sys, and the app UI works OK. But after I export the same app to production sys, the host name was set by SPRO in one name on message server, and the admin_ui creates the url with host name as the application server - the two host names are different. The UI can be launched using the mesage server host name, but when I press a button which takes a series of actions on objects - it pops out error

"control cannot be found".

Is this due to the fact that the host name are different so the control ids that might be associated with the host name are messed up so that Personas cannot find the object ids? Does any one have ideas how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. Just to share my findings - it was the error message that mislead me. For my specific case - the cause is that I don't have authority to the tocode that was implemented for the button. Hope you will be aware of such cause in your cases.

Br,

Dong

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Taha_j
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding a refresh screen step just before the step /action which throws the error.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Is Kernel version and SP, Basis version and SP same on all boxes?

Did you try the script steps manually in basic view? do you see any validation popup or error message in prod system that you dont get in other boxes?

Also as Tamas mentioned, it can be due to overwrite rules depending on transaction. So can you mention the transaction?

Thanks

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Control IDs of screen objects have no connection to the host name.

You didn't mention which transaction is the flavor for. It is possible that the problem is caused by differences in control ID or screen ID overwrite entries between the sandbox and production system.