cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO planning in Company Code with parallel ledgers assigned to different Fiscal Year Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in New GL with parallel ledgers: Leading ledger and one Non-Leading ledger.

Non Leading ledger has different Fiscal Year Variant (Oct.-Sept.) from Company Code FYV (Jan.-Dec.).

We plan revenues in FI (GP12N) and costs in CO (KP06).

FI planning allows ledger-specific planning.

Our problem is that after you enter planning values for non-leading ledger once (in GP12N), CO planning in KP06 is not possible any more.

The system issues message GI821 “deviating fiscal year variant” and it is impossible to save the values.

Diagnosis

You want to transfer plan data from Controlling to the Flexible General Ledger. A prerequisite for this is that the fiscal year variant that is assigned to the controlling area corresponds to the fiscal year variant of the company code in question. This is not the case here.

The controlling area from which you want to transfer plan data has the fiscal year variant K4.

The company code to which you want to transfer the plan data has the fiscal year variant V9.

System Response

The system refuses to transfer the data.

Procedure

Check the definition of the two fiscal year variants or the assignment of the fiscal year variants to the controlling area and company code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self-Resolved:

SPRO -> Financial Accounting -> General Ledger Accounting ->Planning -> Plan Versions (GLPV)

Uncheck "Integ. plan" for Non-Leading Ledger

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Thank you very much for your replies but I would like to clarify our issue:

All our Company Codes have the same Fiscal Year Variant as the Controlling Area (K4).

One of Company Codes has 2 Ledgers: Leading Ledger and Non-Leading Ledger.

Non-Leading Ledger has different Fiscal Year Variant (V9).

FI is tested and works very well for both ledgers.

Our issue is with CO planning:

In KP06 we receive GI821 “deviating fiscal year variant” message.

By default, CO Planning is stored under the Leading Ledger 0L in FAGLFLEXT.

Nor sure but my assumption is that CO “doesn’t know” how to transfer CO planning values when it is more than one ledger??

Any ideas on how to resolve the issue will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zara,

Well, I understand if you do Cost planning in controlling and then flow the entries to FI, it lands only in Ledger 0L and you are able to notice that in FAGLFLEXT Table however you can not see that planning in your non leading ledger.

I can think of an option:

Check if you can plan in controlling and then once the data flown to FI in Ledger 0L, if you can use the transaction code - FAGLGP52 - to copy the plan data from 0L to other ledger. I think system probably may not allow that as it will try to find an entry in Transaction Code - GCVI and this is more related to Actual Version and not plan version.

So ideally with standard sap,  I think this is a limiation that you can not have plan data flown to all ledgers in FI when you plan in CO but only in leading ledger.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

robin_mcgee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this system error, please find the following documentation explaining the reason for this.

"When you assign all company codes to one controlling area, you need to ensure that all the company codes have the same number of posting periods (fiscal year variants) and the same chart of accounts. However, the company codes can have different currencies."

Thanks,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zara,

I agree with what Robin has mentioned, thats the golden rule.

• First: I am sure you know that 'The fiscal year variants in the company code and in the controlling area must have the same number of posting periods.

• Second: Planning Versions are integrating the application component from CO & FI but prerequisites remains same irrespective of the facts that integration planning is active.

• Third: CO Planning has to be in reference to the same Fiscal Year Variant as planning values proportionment should look similar in CO & FI when the data is flowing to FI, in this case system is not able to do that.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish