cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released Transports Not Showing in Queue

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am creating a two system landscape and when I release transport from DEV they are not showing up in the PRD queue.  Even when I add them manually they do not appear.  There are no error messages anywhere that I can find (/trans/log, SM21, etc.).  TMS checks  are all green.  In the target system, I can see the transports via SE10.   Any suggestions on what else to check? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

Can you tell us a bit more? So this is a brand-new two-system landscape? Is the /usr/sap/trans folder on your DEV system? Is your DEV system the transport domain controller? Also, I'm a little confused by your statement about being able to see the transports from SE10 in the target system (i.e., PRD). Normally this would only be the case in the source system, i.e. DEV. From PRD I would only expect to be able to see transports via STMS, and then only those that have been released.

In STMS, go into Transport Routes (Shift+F7). You should be able to see both your DEV and PRD system there, and neither of them should show up as Single Systems. Instead, they should show up under Transport Routes under either or both the SAP standard transport layer or a ZDEV transport layer. It should look something like this:

DOMAIN_DEV

--Configuration Status

----DEV (or PRD, or both, depending which you're logged into, with a green light)

--Transport Routes

----DEV System

------ZDEV Transport layer

--------PRD System

------SAP Transport layer

--------PRD System

You might instead see this in a graphical view; you can toggle this with Extras... User Settings. I like the Hierarchical List Editor better, but I think the Graphical Editor is the default.

If you don't see something like this, but instead DEV and/or PRD as Single Systems, this is probably the issue. In this case, choose Configuration... Standard Configuration... Development and Production System. I think it will give you a choice to distribute and activate immediately on all systems in the group.

Regards,

Matt

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1.  /usr/sap/trans is on my DEV System and it is the domain controller

2.  SE10 - if I go to the Global Information tab and hit the transport button and I can see the export transports from development.  This seems to indicate to me that the communication is in place.

3.  My systems are not single systems.  From my dev system

Configuration Status

GCD - Active

GCP - Active

Transport Layers

SAP

ZGCD

Transport Routes

GCD

ZGCD

GCP.300

SAP

GCP.300

4.  I even recreated the Standard Configuration of the transport to make sure it was Development and Production system. 

I am wondering if I should just blow away TMS and reconfigure.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, next step I would try is from Transport Routes: Configuration... Check... Transport Routes and Configuration... Check... Request Consistency... In All Systems and make sure everything is green. You can also, just to be sure, redo a Distribute and Activate, and/or on GCP Adjust Transport Routes of System (or Adjust with Controller if doing from GCP itself).

Once that's all good, go to System Overview: Display Transport Groups and Check Transport Groups. Make sure you get a nice, neat grid of green lights. You should have just one group (probably called GROUP_GCD) hierarchically under your DOMAIN_GCD.

If you're getting errors still, and all of the above is correct... well, hmm, you shouldn't in that case. On your GCD system, at the OS level, you granted the GCP system permissions to read/write in /usr/sap/trans? On Windows this would be by adding the SAP_GCP_GlobalAdmin Active Directory group to the local SAP_LocalAdmin group on the GCD host.

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Interesting, the check transport groups failed.  GCP is red.   This is a new one for me.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the System Overview, display GCP, on the Communication tab, does the correct group show up?

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank a bunch.  I am a little embarrassed to admit that I didn't even know about the Transport Group checks. 

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries! That's what we're all here for, to learn from each other.

Answers (0)