cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start Implementation Project??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

I am very much new to SAP. I got 5 years 6 months domain experience in Oracle End user (Tata Power SED, Bangalore)...then did SAP global certification (Class room training in Bangalore). and Now, got in as SAP MM support consultant (in Tata Power, Mumbai)  Say, I want to plunge into Pure Hardcore Consultancy- What I need to do? I am getting emails, wherein they ask for end to end (E2E) implementation and integration with multiple modules. In my current organization, implementation-integration is taken care by external parties like KPMG, Capgemini....I am doing support, hence very less scope of learning. I can perform org structure config, doc type creation, assignment, no. range, test scripts etc Please guide. BR Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Rohan Murugkar,

There are Tons of opportunities available for Support Consultants also. I can say, you can take the following suggestions.

1) As you are a Support Consultant, you can earn more Domain knowledge, that is very important in SAP.

2) Do Configuration Course if possible or you can learn by yourself.

3) Practice it in IDES every day.

4) Be Confident and Passionate to reach the next level.

5) Attend interviews who were seeking for Initial level Functional Consultants.

6) Excel in your career by doing SAP Certification if needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, Rohan,
You need to know a lit bite about Project Management, see my clip

Project Mamanagement, Episode #1, 10.03.2015 - YouTube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

You are welcome to join me in linkedin and will take it from there for your continuous learning, pathforward, improvement, prerequisite etc.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Added on linkedin.

Please accept

BR

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

First thing never hope less ,try to improve yourself as a super user.If you working as a end user and you have more than 5-6 years experience.Then try to apply directly for job, many it company also approach people who have good knowledge as a end user. 

Thanks & Regards

Khokan Debnath

former_member598484
Discoverer
0 Kudos

i have company but i do not have idea how take projects form cliets i have 5oo siting compuiter

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohan,

I can perform org structure config, doc type creation, assignment, no. range, test scripts etc

are you getting a chance to do the above configurations or not?

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

For how long have you been working as a SAP MM Support consultant..?

Now, as you are already in the SAP field, you are well on track. My suggestion is, gain experience of 2 to 3 yrs, and then easily u can get into an consulting company.

And for implementation projects, that's all depends on your performance in a consultancy. When a new project is starting, they will infuse the best consultants into it. Rarely big companies(atleast in Bangalore) take ppl from outside for implementation unless its a module where they dont have enough consultants.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW.

I can do basic config in Development server only (Dev).

On prod server, I am not authorized.

However, in SPRO- if I make any unknown change, where it will affect- that I want to know...Also, any critical config. (That's why- would like to know end to end config and impl with CIN)

BR

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jobi for replying.

Since 1 year 3 months, I have been SAP support consultant.

I'll surely wait for 2-3 years here to learn.

BR

Rohan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohan,

However, in SPRO- if I make any unknown change, where it will affect- that I want to know.

Experienced analysts also will face situation in which they need to do some configuration in areas they do not have much knowledge. In that case, go to Sandbox and test there, read in Google, check SAP F1 help.

With experience, one will come to know more about SPRO / IMG.

Learning the theory also helps, this excercise will make you aware of the design of a particular functionality. For example, you do a change to a smartform. a smartform can be used by any output types, these output types can be used by any process. So if you know the theory of output determination, you can do the analysis of related objects.

might be helpful, to understand learning process

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Mr Ganeshkumar for replying. Can you suggest any small organizations where I can work on weekends only? (Even if I pay from my pocket, that is ok for me) Because weekdays If I work, they may not be able to pay which I am getting now. BR Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

There is no straight answer to your question.

In fact the very same question with different different makeover are frequently asked in career center.

Please read my given below Blog, I hope you may get your answer there.

attributes that are required to be a successful ERP consultant

I have also passed through the same phase of life where we don't get any opportunity to learn.

Go through my given below blog.

Wish you all the success.

Regards

Chirag

0 Kudos

Dear Rohan.,

I Suggest you to Join in one small organization where you can leran lot of things,, mean while go for implementation project.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chirag for your kind reply.

Also, the bullet points in the blogs are really helpful.

However, I require a continuous guidance from a mentor in my same field, where I can excel.

I would appreciate, if you can share few contacts or yourself also, for daily interaction purpose here on SCN.

BR

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

You may go through my SCN profile and you will get my contact details.

Regards

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Please go through the given below link of my conversation with bharati.