cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Place Licensing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community

I have bought and implemented SAP Mobile Secure Cloud edition in my company; in addition, I'm using as well SAP Mobile Place to distribute my enterprise apps. However, I have noticed that there is not place in which I can control the licenses for Unmanaged users for the SAP Mobile Place. I mean; when I create unmanaged users just for use of the mobile place (just for download apps) I do not have information regarding if a license was consume. I have statics only for the devices enrolled and the managed users; in addition, some statics about apps.

I'm afraid that the unmanaged users are using more than one device for download apps and each of their devices are consuming the other licenses left, and even worse, I do not have any visibility.

I need some help to figure out how to control the licenses consume by unmanaged users, or if this user are not consuming license at all.

Thanks For your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you clarify what kind of devices are you managing in your environment? iOS? Android? Windows Phone? Other OSes? If it were iOS are you trying to distribute iOS app store apps through the volume purchase plan )(VPP)?

The second part is, how did you end up with "managed users" and "unmanaged users"? I think we can agree that "managed users" mean devices that are actually enrolled in Mobile Secure? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raymond

To clarify your questions, yes I'm managing devices with iOS, Android and Windows Phone. We are distributing apps for each of these OSes, which means that we are not having issues distributing our enterprise apps. However, no every device registered on the platform need to be enrolled to be able to download applications from the SAP Mobile Place (an Unmanaged User).

Unmanaged and Managed  is an attribute you can select in the platform when you are creating a user; and as you said, managed users are the ones that can enrol their devices on the platform; unmanaged users are the ones that only can download applications from Mobile Place. however, SAP is not very specific in how the licensing for unmanaged users work. I mean, in SAP Mobile Place there are not tools, reports or functionality whatsoever that allow me to control or at least identify the number of devices used by those unmanaged users. This is my issue, I need to be sure how to control the licensing for these users and avoid a fine for licensing.

Finally, we have unmanaged users for some third parties, customers and providers which we do not want to manage their devices.

Thanks for your help