cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am trying to use import wizard BOE XI 3.1 to export to BIAR file and import it with UMT in BI 4.1. I want to do it incrementally. What is the best way to achieve this.

Should we move users & groups first and than later move the folders? Or If I decide to move users, groups and one folder at a time. Do I have to import the users, groups second time as well when the second folder is being imported?

Can I use UMT in 4.1 and do Live to Live migration from BOE XI 3.1?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest having a good look at this blog, which details on how to migrate from XI 3.1 to BI 4.1

Regards,

Ajay

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to create biar file. You can do live to live if both the servers are same domain.

Before moving users, make sure 3rd party plugins like AD or LDAP are setup. If they are all enterprise users, you can just move them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jawahar.

But what if i want to go through import wizard. The only way would be do BIAR file correct? So, while doing that for each folders. Do i need to select users/groups each time i do export?

Is there any other dependencies or prerequisite i need to configure on the Source system before startup the migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i understand Import wizard is for importing Business Objects things from same release only.

You should use UMT for your migration actions.

Answer from Jawahar is right according to me.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you setup your user authentication? Enterprise, LDAP or AD or anyother. If Authentication is not Enterprise, you need to setup the plugins for authentication, and than move all the users.

Why do you want to use Import wizard? You can use Upgrade Management tool to Live- Biar or Live -Biar. There is no need to move the users each time you move objects.

Preparing for upgrade - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki